First, I want to thank all the faculty members who are already reaching out and providing technological assistance to their colleagues. I’ve heard several stories of this nature. What a way to spend spring break! But in all seriousness THANK YOU!
This is the first of a series of daily emails we’ll be sending. As the situation continually evolves this message will serve as a daily update and allow us to effectively communicate answers to questions we’ve received. Ideally the message will go out prior to 10am every day.
Each day we’ll provide a set of scaffolded resources for you to review. We aim to keep your time investment to a minimum, with the hope that a little bit each day will lessen the learning curve. If you want more resources, please visit: https://dyc0.sharepoint.com/sites/OnlineLearning/SitePages/Instructional-Continuity-Plan.aspx
Estimated time required: 10-15 minutes
- Ensure you can access the My D’Youville intranet
*if you cannot access My D’Youville, contact the helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verify Zoom is on your computer
*if not installed, search “software center” on your PC, then Install
- Review Required Hardware:
- Do you have either a laptop, webcam, or headset?
- *If not, all Zoom calls have a dial-in option. All you need is a computer and a phone to join
- Join a Zoom Test Meeting:
*The link above will allow you to join a test zoom room to ensure it’s working
Estimated time required: 5-10 minutes
- Ensure all your Canvas courses are published
*If you need assistance call the Canvas 24/7 help line: 1-833-278-2014
- Review your syllabi and document major assignments, exams, and projects scheduled to take place between March 18th - 30th
- Determine which activities must take place, and what can possibly be delayed two weeks.
(e.g. high stakes exams)
*Tomorrow we’ll be sending resources on how to perform those tasks via Canvas
Issues We’re Researching
- How to use a whiteboard (for handwriting equations) with Zoom
We understand many faculty need to be able to solve equations via a whiteboard. We (IT and Online Learning) are testing solutions now.
- We are exploring how to ensure Zoom is accessible for all students.
We’ll be sending out another email tomorrow at 10am with more information and answers.
If you have immediate questions, please email email@example.com That is the central repository for all faculty inquiries.