Get a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test, RT-PCR Test, or an Antibody Test at D'Youville.
D'Youville's Health Professions team is offering three COVID-19 testing options to faculty, staff, students, and the surrounding community. No insurance or prescription is necessary, but individuals must register for a particular test and time. If needed for air travel or employment, information can be distributed through the NAVICA app.
If you would like to coordinate on-site testing with D'Youville and are a business or charter school, please contact Beverly Taggart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Walk-in Testing: Available when noted on registration booking
- Rapid Antigen Test uses a minimally-invasive nasal swab, with results available in as little as 15 minutes. It is intended for individuals suspected of COVID-19 within the first seven days of the onset of symptoms.
- COVID RT-PCR Test is considered the most accurate test for detecting a COVID-19 infection. It is best for individuals who tested negative on a rapid test but are still displaying symptoms, and for people who are traveling internationally, including to Canada.
- Antibody Test detects antibodies developed in response to the virus after infection or vaccination. The antibody test is best for individuals who think they were previously infected or are looking for an indication of a level of immunity after vaccination.
- Location: D'Youville Academic Center (DAC), Lobby
- Rapid Antigen Test: $39
- COVID RT-PCR Test: $125 (48-hour results) or $160 (24-hour results)
- Antibody Test: $40
- Information: Photo ID & mask required; No insurance or prescription necessary.
D'Youville Employees with Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance through D'Youville
or Blue Cross Blue Shield members of WNY with HealthNow insurance:
If you have documented exposure or are experiencing a sign or symptom of COVID-19 infection, BCBS has agreed to fully cover the costs of the Rapid Antigen test for D'Youville faculty, staff, and administrators and eligible BCBS members. Individuals must bring their health insurance cards to qualify.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Staff, students, and faculty will be charged $39 dollars if they choose to utilize this service but do not have insurance through D'Youville. D’Youville has a number of free tests still available from the supplies provided by New York State during the mass screening events which took place before Thanksgiving and prior to students returning to campus in January. These tests will be reserved for athletics and future campus-wide screening event in March for D’Youville community members.
If users can't download or run the NAVICA app, please note use of this is optional for result delivery purposes. Consent and registration intake forms can be completed via the JotForm link or QR code that is sent to patients via email after they schedule an appointment; results can also be delivered to the patient's email via this platform. If users cannot access these JotForm links ahead of time, they will be assisted with filling out these forms via electronic device or paper form when they present to their appointment.
If patients elect, they can receive results through the NAVICA app or via email. If they do not have an email, a results form can be printed, but patients will need to wait 15 minutes until we can read the results and sign the form.
We currently do not have regularly scheduled walk-in clinic days but will update the form if and when this becomes available.
Patients entering the D'Youville Academic Center (DAC) building through the lobby can find us on 1st floor in the office suite immediately adjacent to Security.
Patients should park in the visitor lot, which can be found on our campus map (PDF). Additional instructions regarding parking are contained in the confirmation email patients receive upon booking.
Patients should initiate contact by emailing their question or concern to CovidTesting@dyc.edu. This email account is monitored regularly, and you will be contacted by a member of the clinic staff to further address your question or concern.