D'Youville is consistently ranked as a top school for veterans because of our dedication to its military-aligned student community.
More veterans enroll at D'Youville than at any other school in Western New York. We've created special benefits and services tailored to our military, veteran and/or veteran dependent population, so that you can achieve your academic goals.
Generous Tuition Benefits
D'Youville provides a tuition waiver of up to 50% for all active duty service members, reserve and guard personnel, as well as any honorably discharged veterans; and to their dependents a tuition waiver of up to 20%.
Full-Service Veterans Office
The Veterans Services Office at D'Youville is directed by a team of Veterans. Our staff understands the questions or concerns you may have.
- We provide support and guidance including:
- Academic advisement to plan your degree program and work around any known deployments,
- Tutoring and mentoring by student veteran peers,
- Updates on issues, concerns, and legislation affecting student veterans and their families,
- Information about cultural and social events through the Student Veterans Association,
- Connection to Veterans One stop Center of WNY.
Student Veteran Lounge
Student lounge with Skype-equipped computers so you can connect with military buddies still serving overseas.
Counseling & Guidance
- Our social work team member provides advocacy, guidance, and counsel to connect you and your family members with the care and support you need.
- Our mental health counselor assists veterans and/or dependents who are struggling emotionally. We provide confidential clinical counseling to support our veteran's emotional well-being.
Leave of Absence
D'Youville offers a liberal military leave of absence policy. We will work with you to plan your degree program's course schedule around any known exercises and deployments. We'll also help adjust your course schedule if you receive orders.
Student Veterans of America Chapter
D'Youville has a very active Student Veterans of America Chapter (SVA) on campus. We provide our veteran population with many social and community service opportunities during the course of each semester, most of which are family-inclusive.