- New York State resident for a minimum of 1 year (12 months) proceeding application
- Possess a New York high school diploma or equivalent
- Have a high school GPA and/or Testing below the regular D’Youville admission guidelines
- Demonstrate the academic potential and motivation for satisfactory completion of a degree program
- HEOP/EOP transfers from an approved opportunity program
- Meet New York State financial guidelines (see below)
The HEOP Counselor/Recruiter and the HEOP admissions committee will consider applicants who demonstrate academic potential but whose combined SAT scores are at a minimum of 850 (reading and math) and/or high school grade point average is at least 75. For students applying to one of the health profession programs, applicants with higher SAT scores and high school GPAs will be considered as well, due to the higher departmental admissions standards for these programs.
To transfer to D'Youville through HEOP, students must currently be, or have previously been enrolled in an approved HEOP, EOP, SEEK, or College Discovery Program. Transfer admission for HEOP is on a space available basis.
Guidelines for HEOP Transfer Admissions Process
- Transfer students must be admitted to a D'Youville academic program prior to seeking admission to HEOP. Remember to check the HEOP box on the D'Youville application. It is important that our office have your current mailing address, daytime phone number, and email address.
- Next, students should contact the HEOP Office for additional admission details. The HEOP Office handles this part of the admissions process directly since general admission to D'Youville does not ensure admission through HEOP.
- Applicants will receive a letter detailing the next steps in the HEOP transfer administration process.
Before HEOP can approve admission, the following information must be forwarded directly to the HEOP office via email, fax (716) 829-7884, or mail:
320 Porter Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14201
D'Youville HEOP Transfer Verification Form
When the D'Youville HEOP office is aware of your decision to transfer, the HEOP Transfer Verification Form will be sent to all of the colleges you have attended.
D'Youville Online Course Equivalency Database
Use this online database to see whether courses you've taken at other schools match D'Youville's degree requirements.
2021 Opportunity Program Financial Guidelines
|Persons in Family||NYS Family Income|
Add this amount for each family member in excess of 8: $8,288
Please refer to your parent's 2019 income tax and/or other 2019 financial documentation.