HEOP enables highly motivated students, who are academically and financially disadvantaged, with an opportunity to be considered for admission and specialized support services at D'Youville.
The Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) is a partnership between D'Youville and the New York State Education Department (NYSED).
What does HEOP provide?
HEOP students are fully packaged to cover:
- Up to five years (10 semesters) of financial support to meet the cost of college attendance
- On-campus room and board (residence halls), if necessary
- Bus pass or parking pass
- Tutoring (professional and peer)
- Supportive services, including developmental courses to strengthen your reading, writing, vocabulary, and study skills
- Counseling is provided to assist HEOP students with any problems that may interfere with your academic work
- Dedicated computer lab and study area for HEOP students
- Mandatory four-week summer residential/new student orientation program for entering HEOP students
Thinking about Graduate School?
HEOP students may be eligible for a tuition waiver at a SUNY school as a HEOP graduate.
We're eager to assist you with information and advice about D'Youville and the admissions process. We look forward to your application for admission and hope to meet you soon. You'll find contact information on our Staff page.
Students are selected without regard to age, color, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, race, gender, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or sexual orientation.
Opportunity programs are available for students living in New York State, at 2 and 4-year levels, at public and independent colleges, and in every academic discipline and career field.