D'Youville College Upward Bound is a year-round college preparation program for high school students.
Through tutoring, mentoring and financial planning, Upward Bound prepares City of Buffalo students for post-secondary education. By completing essential gateway courses, and with parent, school and community support systems, Upward Bound students are ready for the opportunities and challenges of higher education.
Upward Bound is free to all accepted participants. Questions about the program? Contact us to learn more.
The Mission of the Upward Bound Program at D'Youville College is to support high school students from the City of Buffalo in their pursuit of post-secondary education.
D'Youville College views support services as a powerful force in ensuring students access and success in post-secondary education.
- Improve academic performance (GPA and standardized tests)
- Promote secondary school retention and graduation
- Completion of rigorous academic secondary school program
- Post secondary enrollment
- Post secondary completion
- Tutoring and advisement
- Study and test-taking skills
- Mentoring and counseling
- Test preparation workshops (SAT/ACT)
- College visits, application workshops and career exploration
- Access to technology and the community
- Cultural and social field trips and events
- Enrichment activities and programs
- Service learning projects and events
- Team building and experiential learning
- Leadership and character development
- Six week summer program
View all Events