The Office of Graduate Studies serves to provide students and faculty with an information gateway specific to postgraduate study, offering a range of information and services in one central location.
Documents & Forms for Graduate Students
The Project and Thesis Handbooks are required to complete your final project or thesis within your department of study. Several other forms related to graduate studies that may be required can also be found below.
*Please note: Forms completed in a browser window may not save properly. Instead, download (right-click the link and select "Save target/link as") first, then use Adobe Acrobat Reader to complete and save the form.
- Thesis Handbook (PDF) (updated July 23, 2015)
- Dissertation Handbook (PDF)
- Program Graduate Directors (PDF)
- Instructions for Submitting Your Thesis or Dissertation (updated June 13, 2016)
- Graduate Research Topic Approval Form (PDF) (request for appointment of thesis/project committee)
Institutional Review Board Approval
Research conducted for a thesis, a project or as part of your coursework may require the approval of an IRB.
- IRB is short for Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects.
- All institutions involved in research with human subjects, that also receive federal funds, are required to have an IRB.
- IRBs are composed of volunteers (at colleges and universities they are mostly faculty) who meet on a regular basis.
The IRB Manual and related forms can be found on the Institutional Review Board (IRB) website.
Narrator: Roger C. Fiedler, PhD
Professor and Director of Doctoral and Graduate Programs, D’Youville College