Are you interested in a career in the medical field? D'Youville College's pre-professional program provides highly-motivated students with comprehensive preparation for careers in healthcare.
D'Youville College's pre-professional programs provide highly motivated students comprehensive preparation for careers in:
- chiropractic medicine
- physical therapy
- physician assisting
- veterinary medicine
Gain direct, practical experience in the profession you are preparing for through summer programs, internships and volunteer activities.
- Incoming freshmen at D'Youville can earn a doctoral degree in pharmacy (PharmD) in just six years through the Pre-Pharmacy (Early Assurance) Program.
- Enter our dual degree program in Chiropractic as a freshman. Earn a bachelor's degree in biology plus your doctoral degree (DC) in just seven years.
- Through DYC's partnership with Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM), high school seniors and current DYC freshmen & sophomores in the biology program can qualify for an early acceptance program at LECOM Dental or College of Medicine.
- Benefit from direct entry into one of D'Youville's joint and combined professional degree programs. You can earn a highly-respected bachelor's and doctoral degree here at D'Youville in less time than you can at other institutions. After you earn your Bachelor of Science degree, as long as you’ve maintained the necessary academic standards you’ll be automatically admitted to the doctoral program…no reapplying and no GREs required!
- Ace your graduate or professional school entrance exams with D'Youville's in-house review course. Students at other colleges often pay $1,000 or more to take similar courses from commercial firms. If you're unsure about a career path, your assigned faculty advisor will help you explore your options.
- Get individualized attention in small classes, usually around 20 students, and not more than 40. Science labs range from 12 to 15 students per class.
- 100% of classes at D'Youville College are taught by faculty, not teaching assistants.
- D'Youville College's long commitment to a liberal education means that you'll receive the kind of interdisciplinary education that will give you a rock-solid foundation. Gain skills like problem solving, critical thinking, collaboration, and written, visual, and oral communication — all skills that employers believe are critical to success, no matter what career path you decide to take.
- Gain international experience and perspective with our one of a kind study abroad experience in Florence, Italy where you'll explore the history of anatomy through curated museum tours and private anatomy collections.
When you apply for admission at D’Youville, we’ll automatically consider you for our merit scholarships. Undergraduate scholarships can cover as much as 50% of your tuition, and there is no need to fill out a separate application!
Transfer students can qualify for scholarships, as well. Unlike other schools, maintaining your scholarship is easier at D'Youville, because we use realistic GPA requirements to determine your eligibility each year.
Check out the chart below to see if you qualify:
|Scholarship||SAT (M & EBRW)* or ACT⁺ / GPA||Tuition Scholarship||Room & Board Waiver||GPA Required to Retain|
|President's||88/1170 or 24||$13,000||$3,000||2.75|
|Founder's||83/1080 or 21||$10,000||$2,000||2.5|
|Dean's||80/980 or 19
Anyone with a 90 GPA can receive this award without test score consideration.
|Transfer||3.25 - 3.49||$4,500||
|Transfer||3.0 - 3.24||$4,000||2.5|
|Transfer||2.75 - 2.99||$3,500||2.5|
|Dillon||93/1360 or 29||100% off||25%||2.75|
|Buffalo Say Yes||90/1080 or 21||100% off||2.75|
|Alumni Kinship||$300-$2,000||Must reapply each year. Only open to relatives of D'Youville alumni.|
*Scores are based on the new SAT score format which went into effect in March 2016.
⁺D'Youville only requires that you submit the results from one test.
More information can be found on our scholarships page.
D'Youville selects students who are academically well-rounded and committed to meeting the challenges of a high quality education. If you have been successful in a traditional college preparatory program in high school, you should be well-prepared for the academic challenges at D'Youville.
Students entering D'Youville College as a freshman must meet the following minimum entrance criteria:
|High School Average||SAT + (or)||ACT|
+ Score is based on the new SAT score format which went into effect in March 2016.
Our admitted freshman class profile:
High school average: 85% attained a B or better
Class rank: 87% of students in the top 50 percent of their class or higher
|Test Scores||25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Median|
|SAT Evidence-based Reading and Writing*||460||590||530|
*These scores reflect the new SAT score format, which went into effect in March 2016.
Students entering D'Youville College as a transfer student must meet the following entrance criteria:
Criteria for Admission: Transfer students with a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher will be considered for admission.
Average Cumulative GPA: 3.26
Review the steps to apply for admission to D'Youville as a transfer student.
Students entering our program as Freshmen should follow the curriculum guidelines below. The curriculum requirements for transfer students will vary depending on prior learning and/or experience.
A degree in pre-professional science opens the door to many careers. It can equip you for graduate school and lead to a teaching or research career at a college or university. It may provide the foundation for a career as a doctor, dentist or veterinarian. It can also lead to a teaching position at a high school or prepare you for related occupations in business, industry and government.
Benefit from direct entry into one of D'Youville's joint and combined professional degree programs. You can earn a highly-respected bachelor's and doctoral degree here at D'Youville in less time than you can at other institutions. After you earn your Bachelor of Science degree, as long as you’ve maintained the necessary academic standards you’ll be automatically admitted to the doctoral program…no reapplying and no GREs required!
View all Events