The Business Department Code of Conduct is one of the main ways in which the D’Youville values are codified into practice.
The Code of Conduct is crafted around the ideas of intellectual freedom toward providing academic, social, spiritual, and professional development of students. Faculty in the Business Department emphasize leadership, service, and personal responsibility in an effort to contribute to the world community and they challenge themselves to lead compassionate, productive, and responsible lives.
These goals are achieved by way of the following core principles:
- Be honest
- Treat all people with respect, both in words and actions
- Be accountable and accept responsibility for our own words, actions, and inactions
- Honor our commitments to others
- Be fair in all of our interactions with others
- Use our skills for the betterment of the department, the institution, and our wider community
- Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Be role models of ethical behavior for the students in our programs
- Demonstrate professional competence and a commitment to continual education and growth in our fields of expertise
- Challenge actions and statements by others that are not consistent with these ethical standards