Show off your math skills, compete for your school, and make new friends at D’Youville’s annual high school math contest.
Each year D’Youville proudly welcomes high school students from around Buffalo to compete head-to-head and school vs. school in our annual math contest through a partnership with MathLeague.Org.
As a participant, D’Youville will host you and your team on campus at our School of Science, Arts and Education building. You’ll compete in four rounds of questions with a lunch break provided by D’Youville in the middle, meet other students, and celebrate your success with an awards ceremony at the end of the day.
We look forward to meeting you and hosting you for this exciting event.
Registration (2 Steps)
- To register your school, sign up at The MathLeague.Org Membership page.
Note to schools: You do not need to pay the $30 school registration fee for the December 7 competition, but do need to pay the fee if you want to run a practice test at your school and/or if you want to attend the state championships here at D'Youville in April.
- After registering your school, register team members for the December 7 competition using the MathLeague.Org Contest Registration page.
Schedule of the Day
The approximate schedule will be as follows:
- 3:00 PM: Check In
- 3:30 PM: Testing Begins
- Sprint Round: Students answer 40 multiple-choice questions in 60 minutes.
- Relay Round: Students are divided into groups of three. Students answer three problems in sequential order for five rounds that last six minutes each.
- Lunch Break
- Team Round: Students are divided into groups of six and answer 10 questions in 20 minutes.
- Target Round: Individual students and two questions per round for four rounds of 10 minutes each.
- 8:00 PM: Awards Ceremony
Register and join us for our upcoming contest.
Date: Friday, Dec. 7, 2018
Time: Check-in at 3 PM, Contest ends at 8:30 PM
Location: School of Arts, Sciences & Education (SASE)