D'Youville pharmacy students begin introductory pharmacy practice experiences in their first semester.
School of Pharmacy
The need for pharmacists is expected to grow significantly over the next decade. This is due in part to the "aging of America."
Because seniors use more prescription drugs than their younger counterparts, the pharmacy profession must be positioned to meet the challenge.
D'Youville College's new School of Pharmacy is preparing students to practice in an inter-professional, patient-centered environment where pharmacists assist patients in managing their medication regimens.
- Your coursework in the natural and social sciences is integrated with practice experience so that you can learn, remember, and apply what you have been taught.
- Begin introductory pharmacy practice experiences in your first semester.
- Learn and work collaboratively with other healthcare providers through D'Youville College's expansive offerings in a variety of healthcare professions.
- Take classes and work in state-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms in the D'Youville Academic Center.
- D'Youville graduates continue to achieve excellent scores on the national pharmacy licensure and jurisprudence exams.
- Our graduates report a 98% job placement rate within six months of graduation.
Majors & Programs
Get to Know Us
"My research utilizes cell and molecular biology to investigate how oxidative stress can serve as a tool to promote cell death in cancer cells."
Read her story
"D'Youville has given me many opportunities to really thrive as leader."
Read his story
Pharmacy professor's research aims to identify potential novel therapeutic targets.
Read his story
D'Youville College's Doctor of Pharmacy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
NEWS & EVENTS
Free Wellness Clinics to be Provided by Pharmacy & Dietetics Students
10-09-2015 - The clinics will be held at West Side Community Services on Oct 30 & Nov 6.
DYC Selects Marasco as Dean of the School of Pharmacy
08-05-2015 - Canio J. Marasco, PhD, a noted professor and researcher will replace founding dean Dr. Stoehr, who's retiring.
DYC Pharmacy Students to Provide Free Health Screenings
07-08-2015 - Students will measure blood pressure and body mass index (BMI) at the Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market on July 25 and August 29.