Service Cancellation of Perkins Loans
If you are working full time in any of the following professions you may be eligible for cancellation of your Perkins Loan:
- Nurse, Medical Technician, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physician’s Assistant, Dietitian, Firefighter
- Head Start Staff Member; Pre-K or Child Care Program Staff
- Law Enforcement, Corrections Officer, Public Defense Lawyer
- Military Service
- Qualifying Teaching and Librarian Services
- Volunteer Service in the Peace Corps or AmeriCorps VISTA
- Provider of Early Intervention Service, Provider on a Child or Family Service Agency, Speech Language Pathologist
More information and eligibility requirements are available on the ECSI website or call 888-549-3274.
Non-Service Cancellation of Perkins, Nursing, and Institutional Loans
Total and Permanent Disability Cancellation
Borrowers may have the balance of their loans cancelled if it is determined the borrower is totally and permanently disabled. Total and permanent disability is the inability to work and earn money because of an injury or illness that is expected to continue indefinitely or to result in death. Receipt of Social Security disability benefits does not automatically qualify a borrower for permanent and total disability cancellation.
Perkins Loan Borrowers: Please visit http://www.disabilitydischarge.com to apply for a discharge
Nursing & Institutional loan Borrowers: Please contact D’Youville directly at 716-829-7642 or email@example.com
Death Total Cancellation
In the event of the borrower’s death, the entire remaining balance of the student loan may be cancelled. The family should provide the school with an original or certified copy of the death certificate, or an accurate and complete photocopy of the death certificate.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact:
100 Global View Drive
Warrendale, PA 15086