Best for Vets
D'Youville is ranked as one of the best colleges in the nation for veterans by Military Times EDGE magazine (2011).
Welcome to Our Nation's Veterans
We appreciate the selfless service that U.S. armed forces provide to our country. We're proud to be a Service Members Opportunity College.
Military Times Edge magazine ranked us 1st in the nation among the best four-year schools for veterans. In many cases, spouses and children are also eligible for certain services and benefits.
Special Tuition Benefits for Veterans
- D'Youville is a Yellow Ribbon college, supporting the Post-9/11 GI Bill for veterans.
D'Youville also offers two grant programs for students in undergraduate and master's programs. These funds supplement other financial aid for qualified veterans:
- Veteran Waiver provides up to 50% discount on tuition
- Dependents of Veterans Waiver provides up to 20% discount on tuition
Tip: Ask us about our MyCCA Program. The Military Spouse Career Advancement Account Program provides up to $6,000 for military spouses pursuing degree programs, licenses or credentials.
Applying to D'Youville
The application and admission process for veterans is a bit more involved than for the typical student. Our Office of Veterans Affairs is eager to guide you, so you don't miss out on any opportunities specific to veterans.
- Walk you through the application process
- Explain the GI Bill benefits and requirements
- Guide and assist you and your family in applying for these benefits
- Review additional benefits such as our deferred billing and book voucher program
- Put you in contact with your academic program of interest
- Connect you with D'Youville's admissions and financial aid offices
D'Youville's Ongoing Commitment to Veterans
As veterans ourselves, the Veterans Affairs Office staff understands the questions or concerns you may have. We provide support and guidance including:
- Academic tutoring and advisement
- Mentoring and counseling
- Updates on issues, concerns, and legislation affecting student veterans and their families
- Information about cultural and social events through the Student Veterans Association
- Connection to Vets Heard, a local veterans community service organization
- Student lounge with Skype-equipped computers so you can connect with military "buddies" still serving overseas
For more information, please contact us.
Get to Know Us
D'Youville is a Yellow Ribbon college, supporting the Post-9/11 GI Bill for veterans.
Military Times Edge magazine ranked us 1st in the nation among the best four-year schools for veterans.
Student Veteran Summit 2014 Explored Challenges, Components of Success
06-24-2014 - The summit, held May 20-22, brought together academic researchers, employers and members of the VA to focus on ways to support student veterans.
APSCU White Paper Recognizes DYC for Excellence
06-18-2014 - The Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities recognized DYC for excellence in military-friendly veterans programs.