Best for Vets
D'Youville is ranked as one of the best colleges in the nation for veterans by Military Times EDGE magazine (2011).
Welcome to Our Nation's Veterans
We appreciate the selfless service that U.S. armed forces provide to our country. We're proud to be a Service Members Opportunity College.
G.I. Jobs Magazine has recognized us as a military-friendly college, offering many special benefits just for veterans. In many cases, spouses and children are also eligible for certain services and benefits.
Special Tuition Benefits for Veterans
- D'Youville is a Yellow Ribbon college, supporting the Post-9/11 GI Bill for veterans. You will be eligible for full tuition benefits if you've served at least three years after September 11, 2001, and were honorably discharged. If you served on active duty less than three years, reduced benefits are still available. (Link to DYC news release on Yellow Ribbon program.)
D'Youville also offers two grant programs for students in undergraduate and master's programs. These funds supplement other financial aid for qualified veterans:
- Veteran Waiver provides up to 50% discount on tuition
- Dependants of Veterans Waiver provides up to 20% discount on tuition
Tip: Complete the online FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as soon as possible after January 1 to be considered for the widest range of financial assistance. D'Youville's code is 002712.
Tip: Ask us about our MyCCA Program. The Military Spouse Career Advancement Account Program provides up to $6,000 for military spouses pursuing degree programs, licenses or credentials.
Applying to D'Youville
The application and admission process for veterans is a bit more involved than for the typical student. Our Office of Veteran Affairs is eager to guide you, so you don't miss out on any opportunities specific to veterans.
- Walk you through the application process
- Explain the GI Bill benefits and requirements
- Guide and assist you and your family in applying for these benefits
- Review additional benefits such as our deferred billing and book voucher program
- Put you in contact with your academic program of interest
- Connect you with D'Youville's admissions and financial aid offices
Tip: When you apply, D'Youville will waive the standard $25 application fee.
D'Youville's Ongoing Commitment to Veterans
As veterans ourselves, the Veteran Affairs Office staff understands the questions or concerns you may have. We provide support and guidance including:
- Academic tutoring and advisement
- Mentoring and counseling
- Updates on issues, concerns, and legislation affecting student veterans and their families
- Information about cultural and social events through the Student Veterans Association
- Connection to Vets Heard, a local veterans community service organization
- Student lounge with Skype-equipped computers so you can connect with military "buddies" still serving overseas
For more information, please contact us.
Get to Know Us
Military Times Edge magazine ranked us as 5th in the nation among the best four-year schools for veterans. Read more
I decided to study business management to enhance the experience I gained from my military career. Read his story
93% of D'Youville alumni are working in their field or attending graduate school - within months of graduation. Read More
Learn more about D'Youville's generous veteran tuition benefits. Read More
Laps for Limbs Fundraiser to Help Children and Veterans
04-09-2013 - The 2nd Annual Laps for Limbs fundraiser is sponsored by D'Youville College Student Association, the Student Veterans Association, Catholic Health and St. Francis High School.
D'Youville Ranked Top Five in Business Schools for Veterans
03-20-2013 - In a survey by Military Times, D'Youville's Business Department received a top five ranking in the category, "Best for Vets: Business Schools."