The Upward Bound Program at D'Youville College supports educationally and socioeconomically disadvantaged students in their pursuit of post–secondary admission and degree completion.
D'Youville College views support services as a potentially powerful force in ensuring at-risk students access and success in post-secondary education.
D'Youville College has a strong commitment to "educating students for life." The vision of the DYC Upward Bound Program is to support and prepare City of Buffalo secondary school students to successfully complete high school and obtain a post-secondary education at the institution of their choice.
- Academic Performance (GPA): Increase the number of participants served during the project year that will have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a four –point scale at the end of the school year.
- Academic Performance ( Standardized Test): Increase the number of UB seniors served during the project year, that will have achieved at the proficient level on state assessments in reading/ language arts and math
- Secondary School Retention and Graduation: Increase the number of project participants served during the project year that will continue in school for the next academic year , at the next grade level, or will have graduated from secondary school with a regular secondary school diploma.
- Secondary School Graduation: Increase the number of all current and prior year UB participants, who at the time of entrance into the project had and expected high school graduation date in the school year, will complete a rigorous secondary school program of study and graduate in that school year with a regular secondary school diploma.
- Postsecondary Enrollment: Increase the number of all current and prior UB participants, who at the time of entrance into the project had an expected high school graduation date in the school year, will enroll in a program of postsecondary education by the fall term immediately following high school graduation or will have received notification , by the fall term immediately following high school from an institution of higher education, of acceptance but deferred enrollment until next academic semester (e.g. spring semester).
- Postsecondary Completion: Increase the number of participants who enrolled in a program of postsecondary education, by the fall term immediately following high school graduation or by the next academic term as a result of acceptance by deferred enrollment, will attain either an associate's or bachelor's degree within six years following graduation from high school.
The Project Objectives are based on the performance of D'Youville's 55 Upward Bound participants. The objectives will be measured by quantitative and qualitative data collected over the course of the school year. The data will be reported on the Upward Bound annual performance report.