D'Youville is one of a few colleges locally and one of hundreds nationally to offer Upward Bound.
D'Youville College Upward Bound is a year-round college preparation program for high school students.
Upward Bound is a federally funded program which provides skills and motivation to first generation and disadvantaged individuals who plan to complete high school and go on to college.
Through tutoring, mentoring and financial planning, Upward Bound prepares City of Buffalo students for post-secondary education. By completing essential gateway courses, and with parent, school and community support systems, Upward Bound students are ready for the opportunities and challenges of higher education.
Goals and Objectives
- Improve academic performance (GPA and standardized tests)
- Promote secondary school retention and graduation
- Completion of rigorous academic secondary school program
- Post secondary enrollment
- Post secondary completion
- Tutoring and advisement
- Study and test-taking skills
- Mentoring and counseling
- Test preparation workshops (SAT/ACT)
- College visits, application workshops and career exploration
- Access to technology and the community
- Cultural and social field trips and events
- Enrichment activities and programs
- Service learning projects and events
- Team building and experiential learning
- Leadership and character development
- Six week summer program
Upward Bound is free to all accepted participants.
Questions about the program? Contact us to learn more.
Upward Bound at D'Youville College is made possible by the support of the following partners:
NEWS & EVENTS
DYC's Upward Bound (UWB) Lauded for Efforts in Teaching Entrepreneurship
11-23-2015 - This summer UWB offered an innovative financial literacy and entrepreneurship curriculum.
College Access Pathways Day Set for April 25
04-16-2015 - The free event will help Buffalo high school students and their families to navigate the financial aid process.