Health Services Administration Department Names Five to Advisory Board
Buffalo, New York – August 29, 2013 – Five local individuals have been named to the D’Youville Health Services Administration Advisory Board for a two-year term.
“The purpose of the Board is to generate discussions aimed at improving our programs, responding to market changes that affect our goals and the changing face of higher education,” according to Dr. Lisa Rafalson, Chair of the HSA Department. “They will help identify gaps and opportunities in the workplace that would benefit our graduates.”
Named to the Board are:
- Dr. Richard P. Donahue, professor of social and preventative medicine at the University at Buffalo
- Linda L. Horton, Vice President Clinical Innovation and Outcomes, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo
- Michele Mercer, Director, Health Care Services Analytics HealthNow, NY, BlueCross BlueShield of WNY
- Laurie Musial, Assistant Vice President of Clinical Research Services, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Thomas Schifferli, Executive Director, Catholic Health – Living Independently for Elders.
The HSA Department offers several degree programs, including a Bachelor of Science degree in health services management, a master’s degree in health services administration, and a doctorate in health administration. Certificate programs are also available.
Lisa Rafalson, PhD
Chair, Assistant Professor
Health Services Administration