International Student Orientation
We are excited to welcome you to the campus community!
We recognize that attending university in a new country is a big transition. Our New Student Orientation program is designed to make that transition easier. Because the information you'll learn at Orientation is so valuable, it is mandatory for all new incoming international students to attend.
International Student Orientation is scheduled three days before the semester begins.
Summer 2014 Orientation
Orientation will take place the week of August 20-22.
- Take the Skills Assessment Inventory to help identify needed coursework.
- Learn what you need to know from key offices on campus.
- Meet with your academic advisor and register for classes.
- Tour the campus and Buffalo area, visit Niagara Falls, and meet other students!
Register for Summer Orientation
Move In Day
- Move in day for international students can be as early as Monday, August 18, 2014. If you are testing on Wednesday, August, 20 it is mandatory that you arrive by Tuesday, August 19. Please schedule your flights accordingly. Please be aware that food service on campus does not begin until Saturday, August 23, 2014 for dinner only.
- You must contact Ed Reilly, director of residence life, before you come onto campus so that he may make housing arrangements for you. Ed can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com.
Health and Immunization Forms
- Included in your acceptance package are health and immunization forms. Make sure you have your health and immunization records done ahead of time. They can be faxed directly to the Campus Health Center at (716) 829-7646. You will not be able to register for classes without them.
Airport Pick Up
- Please let us know as soon as possible about your flight arrangements. We will make every effort to have someone pick you up from the Buffalo/Niagara International Airport. Please be sure to provide us with accurate contact information and update us of any last minute flight changes or delays.
- If someone from our office is unable to pick you up from the airport you can contact Airport Taxi Service at (716) 633-8318 or 1 (800) 649-8166. They provide 24-hour taxi service from Buffalo/Niagara International Airport to D'Youville College.