What to bring to D'Youville
Here is a list of items you will either want to bring with you or purchase shortly after you arrive in the U.S.
- Bedding (pillows, sheets, blankets)
- Bath towels
- Appropriate clothing for each season
- Winter (-3C/25F) - hats, gloves, a warm coat, boots, and sweaters
- Spring (10C/50F) - lightweight jacket
- Summer (25C/75F) - shorts, t-shirts
- Fall (10C/50F) - lightweight jacket
- Money to purchase books and anything else you forgot to bring from home. You will need at least $1,000 to start. Once you get here we will help you establish a bank account, in which you can have money wired** to you from home. See the section below on bringing money into the U.S.
- Notebooks, folders, pens, and pencils for classes. You can also purchase these items here.
- Passport, I-20 and other documentation if required
- Completed student health forms (if you did not send them ahead of time)
Make sure you review information on D'Youville's housing accommodations.
Please note the following from the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website:
"Travellers leaving or entering the U.S. are required to report monetary instruments (i.e. currency or check) valued at $10,000 or more on a "Report of International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments" from FinCEN 105" (available at www.fincen.gov/fin105_cmir.pdf or from a CBP officer) "Failure to declare currency in amount of over $10,000 can result it its seizure."
**Wire transfer information:Key Bank National Association
Syracuse, New York 13202
D'Youville College A/C# 329681081017