Apply for F-1 Reinstatement
F-1 Student Status Reinstatement Application
How to Apply
1. Complete the application form:
- Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (Form I-539)
2. Attach the following documents to your application:
- Attach documents that prove your case.
- Cover Letter
- You are pleading with USCIS to permit you to continue your studies at D'Youville College. You must write your request with that in mind.
- It is up to you to convince the immigration officer who will review your application that you qualify for reinstatement.
- Your new I-20 Form from D'Youville College
- If we are preparing your I-20 Form for you now, you can sign it when you bring your Reinstatement Application into the office.
- Photocopies of all previous Forms I-20 you have issued by D'Youville College and former schools.
- Original Form I-94 Departure Record.
- Remove it from your passport carefully.
- A photocopy is not accepted.
- Photocopy your passport (biographical and picture page).
- Photocopy your US visa stamp.
- $300 Fee in the form of a money order.
- Make it payable to the Department of Homeland Security.
- Photocopy of your SEVIS Fee payment receipt
- if you paid it prior to violating your status, or were required to repay it because you violated your status more the five months before filing this application for reinstatement.
Information About Application Processing
You must send your application to USICS, certified mail, return receipt requested.
The USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility:
For any U.S. Postal ServicesUSCIS
P.O. Box 660166
Dallas, TX 75266
For Federal Express mail and courier deliveriesUSCIS
2501 S. State Highway 121 Business
Lewisville, TX 75067
USCIS may take about four months to review your application and reply to us. We will contact you as soon as we hear from them. You may continue your studies while the application is being processed but not work.
If you decide to travel before you receive an answer to your application, consult with your International Student Office first!
Please contact us if there is anything you don't understand, or that we can help you with.