Military Times Edge magazine ranked D'Youville as 1st in the nation among the best four-year colleges and universities for veterans.
Yellow Ribbon Program
D'Youville is a Yellow Ribbon college supporting the Post-9/11 GI Bill for veterans. Veterans are eligible for full tuition benefits if they have served at least three years after September 11, 2001 and were honorably discharged. If you served on active duty less than three years, reduced benefits are still available.
For any tuition charges that exceed the $17,500 cap, as established under the revised Post 9/11 GI Bill signed into law by President Obama in January 2011, D'Youville and the Veterans Administration (VA) will cover the costs of tuition, as a benefit to veteran-students
- To be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program, the service member, reservist/guardsman or veteran must have 100% eligibility under the provisions of Chapter 33 (Post 9/11) GI Education Bill. A 100% eligibility is defined as the service member or veteran having had 36 aggregate months or more of qualifying active duty served on or after 09/11/2001.
- Veterans under this program are not eligible for the D'Youville College Veterans Tuition Waiver (VTW) or any other D'Youville grant, waiver or scholarship since the veteran's entire tuition and fees for each semester are paid in full by the VA and/or D'Youville College.
Veterans Tuition Waiver
All other veterans, service members and/or reservists/guardsmen are eligible for the D'Youville College Veterans Waiver. This waiver is set at 50% of the tuition charged for each semester of attendance at the college. This waiver is applicable to all programs at D'Youville College with the exception of the professional phase of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) and for those students transferring into D'Youville for the graduate component of the doctoral program in physical therapy (D.P.T.).
Eligibility for the Veteran's Waiver is determined by the two following criteria:
- Any active duty service member, reservist/guardsman or veteran not eligible for Chapter 33 Yellow Ribbon (YR) and not eligible for Voc/Rehab Chapter 31 is eligible for the D'Youville College Veterans Waiver.
- The student-veteran must be registered at DYC as a half-time or more student (minimum six credits/semester, undergraduate and four credits/ semester, graduate).
Dependents of Veterans Waiver
Dependents of veterans are eligible for the D'Youville College Dependents of Veterans Waiver, which provides up to 20% discount on tuition (special rules apply).
Tip: Ask us about our MyCCA Program. The Military Spouse Career Advancement Account Program provides up to $6,000 for military spouses pursuing degree programs, licenses or credentials.
Scholarship / Waiver Policies
Make sure to read and understand the policies governing the Veteran Students & Dependents Scholarship / Waiver.
- Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) Payment Rates (2012-2013)
- Montgomery GI Bill Rates (2012-2013)
- Veteran Student & Dependent Waiver / Scholarship Policies
- D'Youville College Veteran's Affairs Office
Get to Know Us
Military Times Edge magazine ranked us 1st in the nation among the best four-year schools for veterans.
I decided to study business management to enhance the experience I gained from my military career.
Read his story
Nearly 90% of DYC alumni are working in their field or attending graduate school within months of graduation.
Use our D'Youville net price online calculator to estimate cost and aid.