The Office of Admissions automatically awards institutional scholarships at the time you are admitted to D'Youville College.
In addition, there are many external scholarships that you can apply for to help you with the cost of your education.
Program Merit Scholarship
A limited number of merit scholarships are available. Graduate awards are based on merit or achievement in a specific area and do not need to be repaid.
- Awarded to new incoming students, who have a strong undergraduate academic record, with a minimum GPA of 3.25. Award recipient must be enrolled for at least six graduate credit hours per semester. U.S. students applying must complete a FAFSA form.
- $2,000 scholarships are available for graduate students taking at least six credits a semester.
- $1,000 for new students applying for spring entry.
- Scholarships are competitive and are non-renewable.
After your first year, you may apply through your department for a retention scholarship.
To learn more about scholarships, contact us.
Recipients are selected by a committee composed of members of the Alumni Board of Directors. Applications are due March 1. Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Must be a relative of a D'Youville College graduate (child, stepchild, grandchild, brother, sister, niece, nephew or spouse).
- Applicant may be a prospective or current student. Prospective students must have a
D'Youville College Admissions Applicationon file.
- Applicant must be enrolled or planning to enroll as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student.
Award: Past awards have ranged from $500-$2,000 and are contingent on Alumni Association funding.
Duration: Scholarship is available for one year. Applications must be resubmitted each year to be eligible for consideration.
To apply, complete the
Sister Mary Charlotte Barton Kinship Scholarship application (PDF)
and submit all supporting documentation by the deadline.