Over 75 endowed and restricted scholarships are awarded to current students each year.
Endowed and restricted scholarships are available for continuing students. The average award is $1,000 for the academic year and are not renewable. Awarding criteria is determined by need, academic performance and community involvement. Students who have been awarded an endowed and restricted scholarship in the past may apply again in the following year.
- Undergraduate and graduate degree program students are eligible.
- Advanced Certificate and RN to BSN students are NOT eligible.
- Doctoral students are NOT eligible, except for those in the Physical Therapy (DPT) and Chiropractic (DC) programs.
- Undergraduate recipients must be enrolled for at least 12 credit hours.
- Graduate students must be enrolled for at least 9 credit hours.
- Applications are available online starting February 1, 2014.
- Applicants should complete the Endowed and Restricted Scholarship Application (DOC).
- U.S. students complete the 2013-2014 FAFSA online by March 15, 2014.
- Canadian and international students complete the Financial Questionnaire (DOC).
- Applicants attach a one-page, double-spaced essay describing the circumstances that demonstrate need for the scholarship.
- Applicants submit the application, essay and, if necessary, the Financial Questionnaire to the Financial Aid Office by March 15, 2014.
- The Department Chair will later rank the applications for the Scholarship Committee.
- The Scholarship Committee meets in April to make scholarship decisions.
- Students are notified in late spring via DYC email.
- Awards are applied to your financial aid package in the following academic year.