Simply put, verification means that you must submit a Return Tax Transcript of you/your family's income tax return and other documents before we can make an offer of financial aid.
After completing your FAFSA, you may be selected for verification based on your application. Students can be selected for verification by either the federal government or by D'Youville College. To avoid delays, please submit all required documents promptly.
- If you're selected for verification, you will receive a notice from D'Youville College. The college collects federal Return Tax Transcripts (if requested) and other documents to complete the verification process.
- To start the process, please check required documentation at FinAid Online. There you will be able to view your required requested documents. You can also review a detailed Verification Procedures checklist for further explanation of the process. You'll be able to generate the required worksheet to include with documents to be submitted. If you need assistance, please contact your Financial Aid Counselor.
You'll need to submit the following items to the Financial Aid Office:
- 2014-2015 Verification Worksheet (Independent / Dependent)
|Standard Verification Group||V1||V1_Dep||V1_Ind|
|Child Support Paid Verification Group||V3||V3_Dep||V3_Ind|
|Custom Verification Group||V4||V4_Dep||V4_Ind|
|Aggregate Verification Group||V5||V5_Dep||V5_Ind|
|Household Resources Verification Group||V6||V6_Dep||V6_Ind|
- 2013 Federal Tax Transcript* - (Parent / Student)
- 2013 Statement of Non-Tax Filer (Parent / Student - if necessary)
*2013 Tax Transcripts are required for Students / Parents that elect not to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on your FAFSA.
Mail the requested materials to the D'Youville College - Financial Aid Office :D'Youville College Financial Aid Office 320 Porter Ave Buffalo, NY 14201
Remember, for 2013-2014 be certain to mail Return Tax Transcripts not the actual tax forms. Make sure to keep copies of all the documents you submit!