Simply put, verification means that you must submit copies of you/your family's income tax returns and other documents before we can make an offer of financial aid.
After completing your FAFSA, you may be selected for verification based on your application. Students can be selected for verification by either the federal government or by D'Youville College. To avoid delays, please submit all required documents promptly.
- If you're selected for verification, you will receive a notice from D'Youville College. The college collects federal tax transcripts (if requested) and other documents to complete the verification process.
- To start the process, please check required documentation at FinAid Online. There you will be able to view your required requested documents. You can also review a detailed Verification Procedures checklist for further explanation of the process. You'll be able to generate the required worksheet to include with documents to be submitted. If you need assistance, please contact your Financial Aid Counselor.
You'll need to submit the following items to the Financial Aid Office:
- Verification Worksheet (Independent / Dependent)
- 2011 Federal Tax Transcript* - (Parent / Student)
- 2010 Statement of Non-Tax Filer (Parent / Student - if necessary)
*2011 Tax Transcripts are required for Students / Parents that elect not to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on your FAFSA.
Mail copies of the requested materials to the College Board Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC), along with an IDOC cover sheet and worksheet.
The D'Youville College - Financial Aid Office mailing address is:D'Youville College Financial Aid Office 320 Porter Ave Buffalo, NY 14201
Remeber, for 2012-2013 be certain to mail copies of tax transcripts not the actual tax forms. Make sure to keep copies of all the documents you submit!