We recommend several lenders based on the quality of their rates, service and convenience.
We also include lenders who have received positive feedback from our current students and their parents. We receive no incentives or benefits from any lender, whether or not they are designated as a preferred lender.
You are not obligated to choose a lender from our Preferred Lender List and you will not incur any penalties for choosing a lender that is not on our list. We provide this list as a service to you and will certify a loan with any lender you choose.
D'Youville College Preferred Private Alternative Lenders
- Citizens Bank
- NY HELPS
- Sallie Mae
- Wells Fargo Bank
Every year we request extensive and detailed information from lenders to assess their ongoing performance. Product, services and processes play an equal role in our analysis. To be selected as a D'Youville College preferred lender, the financial institution must be reputable and provide the following to students:
- A competitive set of products and rates with no hidden fees.
- Unsubsidized interest is added to the principal of the loan only once at repayment
- Excellent service and toll-free customer service numbers.
- Quick response to the needs of our students and families.
- Direct contact representatives who can easily contacted by Financial Aid office staff to quickly resolve any issues.
- Full electronic processing of loans including electronic transfer-of-funds.
Lenders have informed us that they reserve the right to discontinue or modify benefit programs at any time.
Student Loan Applications and Comparison can be used to view details of each lender and to make side-by-side comparisons.