Graduate Student Loans
The Graduate Student Direct Plus Loan is a federal loan for graduate and professional students which must be repaid with interest.
It is not a need-based loan like other federal aid, but is a credit based loan similar to a private student loan with the benefit of having a fixed interest rate and federal guarantee.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen and have a social security number.
- Enrolled (minimum of 6 credit hours) in a graduate or professional program.
- Meet credit eligibility requirements
Applying for a Graduate Student Direct Plus Loan:
- Check with your Financial Aid Counselor to determine the maximum amount you can borrow.
- Complete a FAFSA
- Apply for your loan by completing a Graduate PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Credit Check at the Department of Education website.
- Your loan will be paid out directly to D'Youville College.
Repayment begins 6 months after graduation, withdrawal, or if enrollment falls below six credit hours.
Review the steps you need to take to apply for financial aid.
See a glossary of important financial aid terms.
After you file your FAFSA, use FinAid Online to manage your costs and aid package.
Your applications for financial aid should be submitted as early as possible.