Graduate Student Loans
The Graduate Student Direct Plus Loan is a federal loan for graduate and professional students which must be repaid with interest.
It is not a need-based loan like other federal aid, but is a credit based loan similar to a private student loan with the benefit of having a fixed interest rate and federal guarantee.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen and have a social security number.
- Enrolled (minimum of 6 credit hours) in a graduate or professional program.
- Meet credit eligibility requirements
Applying for a Graduate Student Direct Plus Loan:
- Check with your Financial Aid Counselor to determine the maximum amount you can borrow.
- Complete a FAFSA
- Apply for your loan by completing a Graduate PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Credit Check at the Department of Education website.
- Your loan will be paid out directly to D'Youville College.
Repayment begins 6 months after graduation, withdrawal, or if enrollment falls below six credit hours.