Award Notification Letter
After you submit your application for financial aid, you will receive a financial aid award notification from D'Youville, typically in early to mid-March. This notification will driect you to FinAid Online. FinAid Online spells out the details of your financial aid package including:
- Information about your college costs.
- Financial aid available to help you pay for these costs.
- Details on D'Youville's calculation of your demonstrated financial need.
- Determination of your financial aid eligibility.
- If you are eligible for financial aid, a detailed breakdown of the financial aid package according to the type, amount and source of financial aid.
- You should review your package online within ten (10) days of the date at the top of your letter.
- If you wish to accept a lesser amount of aid, make the change online.
Sample Elements of the Award Notification:
Cost of Attendance - Undergraduate
|Budget Category||Amount ($)|
|Room & Board||10,250|
|Residence Council Fee||20|
|Books & Supplies||1,500|
Demonstrated Financial Need
After reviewing the documents in your financial aid file, we are pleased to offer you the following financial aid package for the academic year.
|Source||Fall ($)||Spring ($)||Total ($)|
|New York TAP ACTUAL||1,250||1,250||2,500|
|Federal Work Study Program||750||750||1,500|
|Fed.Staff. Subsid. Loan Eligibility||1,750||1,750||3,500|
|PRESIDENTIAL HONORS Tuition Scholarship||5,483||5,483||10966|
|PRESIDENTIAL HONORS Res. Scholarship||1,281||1,281||2,562|
Additional Financial Aid Information
FinAid Online will state which documents may be needed to complete your file, including:
- Student's IRS 2011 Tax Transcript
- Parent's IRS 2011 Tax Transcript
- Verification Worksheet
- Stafford Direct Loan Entrance Interview
- Stafford Direct Loan - Master Promissory Note