Award Notification Letter
After you submit your application for financial aid, you will receive a financial aid award notification from D'Youville, typically in early to mid-March. This notification will direct you to FinAid Online. FinAid Online spells out the details of your financial aid package including:
- Information about your college costs.
- Financial aid available to help you pay for these costs.
- Details on D'Youville's calculation of your demonstrated financial need.
- Determination of your financial aid eligibility.
- If you are eligible for financial aid, a detailed breakdown of the financial aid package according to the type, amount and source of financial aid.
- You should review your package online within ten (10) days of the date at the top of your letter.
- If you wish to accept a lesser amount of aid, make the change online.
Sample Elements of the Award Notification:
Cost of Attendance - Undergraduate
|Budget Category||Amount ($)|
|Room & Board||10,250|
|Residence Council Fee||20|
|Books & Supplies||1,500|
Demonstrated Financial Need
After reviewing the documents in your financial aid file, we are pleased to offer you the following financial aid package for the academic year.
|Source||Fall ($)||Spring ($)||Total ($)|
|New York TAP ACTUAL||1,250||1,250||2,500|
|Federal Work Study Program||750||750||1,500|
|Federal Stafford Subsidized Loan Eligibility||1,750||1,750||3,500|
|PRESIDENTIAL HONORS Tuition Scholarship||5,483||5,483||10966|
|PRESIDENTIAL HONORS Res. Scholarship||1,281||1,281||2,562|
Additional Financial Aid Information
FinAid Online will state which documents may be needed to complete your file, including:
- Student's IRS 2011 Tax Transcript
- Parent's IRS 2011 Tax Transcript
- Verification Worksheet
- Stafford Direct Loan Entrance Interview
- Stafford Direct Loan - Master Promissory Note
Review the steps you need to take to apply for financial aid.
See a glossary of important financial aid terms.
After you file your FAFSA, use FinAid Online to manage your costs and aid package.
Your applications for financial aid should be submitted as early as possible.