Financing Your Education
Virtually every student, regardless of income level, is eligible for some sort of assistance.
At D'Youville College, we're committed to helping turn your dreams into reality, and that's why we're prepared to help you explore a full range of financial aid to make your education as affordable as possible.
- The U.S. Department of Education devotes millions of dollars each year to help students afford college, and federal loans offer flexible repayment schedules.
- Grants such as the Pell Grant and the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) are awarded to college students based solely on financial need. Grants aren't loans—they don't have to be paid back. New York State residents should also complete the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application in order to be eligible for the TAP Grant (the D'Youville undergraduate TAP code number is 0195).
- Federal Stafford loans, such as the Federal Family Education Loans and Direct Loans, offer low interest rates and forgiving payment schedules. Parents can leverage additional money to help pay for their children's education through the Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) program, which also offers low interest rates.
- There are thousands of scholarships available that can help pay for your college education—you just have to know where to look. Colleges, non-profit organizations and corporations present students with millions of dollars in financial aid each year. Scholarships offer money that you do not have to pay back, and chances are you may qualify for one type or another.
- The Federal Work-Study Program and D'Youville's work-study programs provide jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to work part-time on and off campus to earn money to help pay educational expenses. Work-study is included as part of a student's financial aid package.
- If your needs aren't fully met by federal programs or scholarships, commercial banks can provide additional assistance. This type of assistance is readily available, but frequently comes with higher interest rates.
Get to Know Us
Use our online net price calculator to estimate tuition cost and aid. Read more
Our five-year combined degrees will save you money and get you in your career in less time. Read more
Lock in your undergraduate tuition cost with our Guaranteed Tuition Plan. Read more
You can make smaller, affordable payments with our DYC Payment Plan. Read more