Organizations and Researchers involved with CRPASH
CRPASH functions as an organizational hub for bringing researchers and organizations together in order to conduct relevant research and policy initiatives. We also provide evaluation research skills to help community-based organizations and educational institutions to understand and enhance the effectiveness of their programs.
Evaluation Research Partnerships
Tools for GoGirlGo
CRPASH researchers worked with the Women's Sports Foundation's (WSF) GoGirlGo program in order to develop an evaluation process and measurement tools. CRPASH designed and implemented a test-retest study of GoGirlGo in two different cities (Boston, MA and San Antonio, TX). The GoGirlGo program works to improve the health of sedentary girls and to keep girls involved in physical activity by supportiing programs and organizations that work with girls. The WSF GoGirlGo cities include Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, New York City, San Antonio.
CRPASH and ESS Partner with Buffalo Soccer Club
CRPASH and the Exercise and Sports Studies (ESS) program at D'Youville College are currently partnering with the Buffalo Soccer Club, which is a non-profit entity of Algonquin Sports for Kids, Inc. ESS program faculty and students assists in evaluation and development of soccer related activities such as after-school soccer programs, as well as house and travel soccer leagues. This partnership facilitates the promotion of soccer as a life-long activity to young people located in Buffalo. It encourages youth and family development, development of athletic identity, and facilitates healthy behavior change using sport as a platform. Through this partnership, ESS faculty and students assist the Buffalo Soccer Club by administering evaluation protocols that measure the physical, emotional, and social benefits of these programs.
- Grace M. Barnes, Ph.D. Research Institute on Addictions, University at Buffalo
- Kathy Babiak, Ph.D., Department of Kinesiology
Co-Director SHARP, University of Michigan
- Carol Boyd, Ph.D., RN, FAAN, Department of Nursing
Director University of Michigan Institute for Women and Gender
Co-Director SHARP, University of Michigan
- Michael P. Farrell, Ph.D., Department of Sociology, University at Buffalo
- Nancy Hogshead-Makar, Esquire, School of Law, Florida Central State University
- Jill Lassiter, Ed.D., Health and Exercise Science, Bridgewater College
- Merrill Melnick, Ph.D., Department of Physical Education & Sport, SUNY College at Brockport
- Michael Messner, Ph.D., Department of Sociology, Women's Studies, University of Southern California
- Kathleen E. Miller, Ph.D. Research Institute on Addictions, University at Buffalo
- Carole Oglesby, Ph.D. California State University, Northbridge
- Lisa Rafalson, Ph.D. Health Services Administration, D'Youville College
- Don Sabo, Ph.D., Center for Research on Physical Activity, Sport & Health, D'Youville College
- Marj Snyder, Ph.D., Research Director, Women's Sports Foundation
- Phil Veliz, Ph.D. Division of Health Promotion and Risk Reduction, University of Michigan
Organizations in the Network
Our director, Don Sabo, PhD, has worked with the following organizations in order to understand the contributions of sports and physical activity to human health.
- American Association of University Women
- Amherst Central School District
- Boys and Girls Clubs of America
- Center for the Study of Sport in Society
- Girls Clubs of America, Inc.
- LA84 Foundation
- Ladies Professional Golf Association
- National Association of State High School Associations
- National Association for Girls and Women in Sport
- National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
- NIKE, Inc.
- President's Council on Physical Fitness & Sport
- Reebok International, Ltd.
- Research Institute on Addictions, University at Buffalo
- United States Tennis Association Serves (USTA Serves)
- The White House Project
- Wilson Sporting Products
- WomenSport International
- YWCA of the USA
Get to Know Us
CRPASH operates as an organizational catalyst for interdisciplinary research projects.
The Women's Sports Foundation is dedicated to advancing the lives of girls and women through sports and physical activity.
Visit the website
Founded in 1908, D'Youville College has a long history that dates back over 100 years. Read more
Learn more about CRPASH founder and director, Don Sabo, PhD.
Read His Story