Organizations and Researchers involved with CRPASH
CRPASH functions as an organizational hub for bringing researchers and organizations together in order to conduct relevant research and policy initiatives. We also provide evaluation research skills to help community-based organizations and educational institutions to understand and enhance the effectiveness of their programs.
Evaluation Research Partnerships
Tools for GoGirlGo
CRPASH researchers worked with the Women's Sports Foundation's (WSF) GoGirlGo program in order to develop an evaluation process and measurement tools. CRPASH designed and implemented a test-retest study of GoGirlGo in two different cities (Boston, MA and San Antonio, TX). The GoGirlGo program works to improve the health of sedentary girls and to keep girls involved in physical activity by supportiing programs and organizations that work with girls. The WSF GoGirlGo cities include Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, New York City, San Antonio.
CRPASH and ESS Partner with Buffalo Soccer Club
CRPASH and the Exercise and Sports Studies (ESS) program at D'Youville College are currently partnering with the Buffalo Soccer Club, which is a non-profit entity of Algonquin Sports for Kids, Inc. ESS program faculty and students assists in evaluation and development of soccer related activities such as after-school soccer programs, as well as house and travel soccer leagues. This partnership facilitates the promotion of soccer as a life-long activity to young people located in Buffalo. It encourages youth and family development, development of athletic identity, and facilitates healthy behavior change using sport as a platform. Through this partnership, ESS faculty and students assist the Buffalo Soccer Club by administering evaluation protocols that measure the physical, emotional, and social benefits of these programs.
- Women's Sports Foundation
- The Aspen Institute
- SHARP Center for Women & Girls, University of Michigan
- The Buffalo Bills (Western New York Girls in Sport)
- United States Tennis Association Serves
- Sports Management Resources
Organizations in the Network
Co-director, Don Sabo, PhD, has worked with the following organizations in order to understand the contributions of sports and physical activity to human health.
- American Association of University Women
- Amherst Central School District
- Boys and Girls Clubs of America
- Center for the Study of Sport in Society
- Girls Clubs of America, Inc.
- LA84 Foundation
- Ladies Professional Golf Association
- National Association of State High School Associations
- National Association for Girls and Women in Sport
- National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
- NIKE, Inc.
- President's Council on Physical Fitness & Sport
- Reebok International, Ltd.
- Research Institute on Addictions, University at Buffalo
- United States Tennis Association Serves (USTA Serves)
- The White House Project
- Wilson Sporting Products
- WomenSport International
- YWCA of the USA
Co-director, Renee Cadzow, PhD, has worked in the Buffalo and Western New York region with the following organizations to facilitate environment and policy change that promotes increased physical activity and improved nutrition. She has served on a number of school district wellness committees, assisted with the writing, implementation, and evaluation of Carol M. White Physical Education Program Grants, and served on committees and coalitions related to improving access to food and physical activity, increasing rates of breastfeeding, and creating healthy neighborhoods.
- Buffalo Public Schools
- Community Health Worker Network of Buffalo
- Erie County Department of Health
- Lockport City School District
- Newfane Central School District
- New York State Department of Health
- Niagara Falls City School District
- North Tonawanda City School District
- P2 Collaborative of Western New York
- SUNY at Buffalo Primary Care Research Institute, Department of Family Medicine
- SUNY at Buffalo Department of Pediatrics
- United Way of Buffalo and Erie County