Use these step-by-step instructions to gain access to the Residence Hall Computer Network ("ResNet")
The Resnet network provides wired and wireless (Wi-Fi) connectivity in both Marguerite Hall Dorms and Student Apartment Residence.
How to Connect
- First, sign up for an Apogee account (D'Youville's ResNet is managed by Apogee Telecom.)
- You can do this before you arrive on campus or when you move into your residence hall on campus.
- Apogee offers "Standard" and "Choice" connection options.
- Once you are on campus, plug your computer into the network jack (it's marked with a computer icon) or connect to the My-ResNet wireless network.
- Launch any web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc).
- Wait for the log in page to appear. If you're not redirected, go to www.myresnet.com.
- Enter your Apogee user name and password, previously sent to you via e-mail.
- If you have not registered in advance, click on the sign-up link on the web page (fast and easy).
Personal Hubs, Routers and Wireless Access Points
Personal hubs, routers, and wireless access points are not allowed in the residence halls as their use can disrupt network connectivity for others. Learn more about Apogee's router policy.
Gaming devices (like Playstation or Xbox) can be used on the wired network, but not on the wireless network. Apogee doesn't support gaming systems on the wireless network.
If you have a single Ethernet port in your room, or would simply like to expand to connect multiple gaming systems to the wired network, we recommend using an 'Ethernet switch' which work for Ethernet ports like a power strip works for electricity. If you are using a Nintendo Wii, it may require a USB LAN adapter. Learn more about connecting your Nintendo Wii.
If you are experiencing problems with your ResNet connection (wired or wireless), call the Apogee Call Center at (855) 813-7006 or text 'ResNet' to 84700. The call center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Apogee representatives will help you troubleshoot and can dispatch a technician if needed. The technician can only troubleshoot network connection and jack problems. Problems with personal computers should be directed to the D'Youville Helpdesk.
Call Apogee Support
Phone: (855) 813-7006
or text 'ResNet' to 84700
24 Hours a Day / 7 days a week
Sign up, renew or upgrade at www.myresnet.com
DYC e-mail accounts are provided automatically to all students and employees. Setting up your account is easy.
Keeping your computer secure will protect you from the hassles and inconvenience of repairing your system.
D'Youville students and employees can borrow audio and visual equipment for meetings, events, projects, and classroom presentations.
The Help Desk offers hands-on technical support for e-mail, internet and computer hardware and software (PCs and Macs).