For network integrity and support purposes D'Youville College policy requires that all computers used on the campus network meet minimum hardware specifications and software requirements.
D'Youville College does not require students to purchase a computer. We offer state-of-the-art computer labs on campus and in our residence halls, for fast and free Internet access and document printing.
What if my computer doesn't meet these requirements?
Although you may be able to get your system to work on DYCnet with less than the recommended specifications, DYC Help Desk staff will not troubleshoot or repair systems with less than the minimum requirements.
PC/Windows Minimum Specifications
Note: We no longer support PCs running Windows 2000.
- PC running Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (Support for XP ending in 2014)
- PC running Windows Vista with Service Pack 2
- PC running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
- Intel Pentium IV or equivalent, 1.6 GHz
- 1024 MB RAM
- Video memory: at least 128 MB, 256 MB or more suggested
- 80 GB hard drive
Mac/Apple Minimum Specifications
Note: As of spring 2012 we no longer support Macs running OS 10.5.8 and earlier.
- Mac running OSX version 10.6 and up
- Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (867MHz or faster) processor
- 512MB of memory or higher
- 40GB Hard Drive or higher
Additional recommended components for base system
- CD-ROM (DVD or CDRW is recommended)
- 10/100/1000 or equivalent wireless card
- 2 USB I/O Ports
- Integrated sound or sound card with speakers/headphones
- USB memory stick ("thumb drive"), 2 GB recommended
Living on Campus?If you are living on campus, your computer should have an approved high-speed network interface card or integrated network interface capable of accessing DYCnet on a 10/100 Ethernet network connection.
Living Off Campus?For students living off campus, we recommend a cable or DSL connection to access campus resources.
- E-mail set up for Android (PDF)
- E-mail set up for Blackberry (PDF)
- E-mail set up for iOS (PDF)
- E-mail set up for Mac Outlook 2011 (PDF)
- Changing Your Login Password (PDF)
- Connecting to Wi-Fi & Wired Networks
Our state-of-the-art, spacious computer labs offer free computer access and printing services for students.
DYC e-mail accounts are provided automatically to all students and employees. Setting up your account is easy.
By logging on to your DYCnet account, you indicate your acceptance of D'Youville's computer and network usage policies.
D'Youville students and employees can borrow audio and visual equipment for meetings, events, projects, and classroom presentations.