To keep your system running and free from viruses, we recommend the following best practices:
- When you connect to the school network the first time, you'll be prompted to accept the networking terms and conditions.
- Install an anti-virus program. We recommend a free program like: Avast Anti-Virus Free.
- Leave auto-updating features on for your system and antivirus updates.
- Use the most current version of applications such as: Microsoft Office, Mozilla Firefox, Windows Media Players, Adobe Acrobat and Java, etc.
- Backup your files regularly on USB or external hard drives to avoid losing data.
- Never share your account or residence hall data connection jack with others. Their misuse can result in your account or connection jack being disabled.
- Scan your entire system for viruses and spyware.
When you're surfing the web:
- Avoid suspicious websites, emails, and advertisements – especially when you're using social media networks.
- Don't ever download programs or files from sites that you are not familiar with. Things labeled "free cool stuff" are usually malware.
- Peer-to-peer file sharing (P2P) and torrent programs like Frostwire, Kazaa and Bearshare will increase the chances that your computer will be infected with viruses, malware, and spyware.
- Emails asking for your username and password or asking users to "activate" or "upgrade" their account are usually phishing scams. If you are unsure about an email contact the Helpdesk
The Help Desk provides technology support for all D'Youville students & employees.
In Person: Visit us on the lower level of the Library
Mon-Thursday – 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM (EST)
Friday – 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Saturday – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EST)
Sunday – 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EST
Our state-of-the-art, spacious computer labs offer free computer access and printing services for students.
DYC e-mail accounts are provided automatically to all students and employees. Setting up your account is easy.
By logging on to your DYCnet account, you indicate your acceptance of D'Youville's computer and network usage policies.
D'Youville students and employees can borrow audio and visual equipment free-of-charge for meetings, events, projects, and classroom presentations.