Structured minors are sets of courses designed to give the student marketable skills which could enhance a competency gained in any major. To take a structured minor which will be recorded on the transcript, the student must do the following:
- Students should complete a statement of intent. Forms are available in the registrar’s office.
- Students must maintain a G.P.A. of 2.0 in the required courses.
- Students should complete a minimum of 12 credits as indicated in the chosen area of study.
- Students should take at least nine of the needed credits at D’Youville.
- Students may not minor in an area within their major discipline. However, in some instances courses taken for a minor may also be used to satisfy the core.