Back To Top


Professor showing a student  x-rays and how to appropriately read it.

Chiropractic Department

The doctor of chiropractic program (D.C.P.) leads to a first professional degree. The curriculum concentrates on specialized chiropractic skills and application of research methodologies to evidence-based practice. It encompasses class work, labs, and clinical rotations over a period of 11 terms. Internship and preceptorship experiences include approximately 30-35 hours per week at a variety of clinical settings including, but not limited to, the college's clinics, preceptorships, placement in community-based institutions, hospital rotations, and private practices.

The program is approved by the New York Board of Regents and is registered with the New York State Education Department. The doctor of chiropractic degree program at D'Youville College is awarded programmatic accreditation by the:

Council on Chiropractic Education
8049 North 85th Way
Scottsdale, AZ, 85258-4321

Tel: (480) 433-8877

Individuals with complaints about compliance of the program with the CCE Standards should be directed to the CCE at the above address. Students who successfully complete the doctor of chiropractic program are eligible to sit for the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NBCE) and the Canadian Chiropractic Examining Board (CCEB) licensure examinations. Graduates who pass the NBCE examinations may apply for licensure in all states. Students are advised that some states may have additional or special requirements that must be met in order to obtain licensure in that state. For example, some states currently require a baccalaureate degree in addition to a doctor of chiropractic degree to apply for licensure. In some cases, the baccalaureate degree must be earned prior to entering the chiropractic program. In other cases, the baccalaureate degree may be earned concurrently with the doctor of chiropractic degree. Individual state requirements for chiropractic licensure are subject to change. New York state requires specific undergraduate courses and green card/citizenship in order to qualify for New York state licensure. Please see for specifics.