Students of Concern Committee
What we do:
- Provide a centralized collection of concerns from faculty, staff, and other students regarding student distress and potential harm to self or others.
- Intervene early and provide support for the campus community.
- Coordinate follow-up actions (counseling, judicial consequences, disability services, hospitalization, etc.)
Who we are:
Our committee includes representatives from these departments
- Academic Advisement
- Associate VP Student Affairs
- Campus Security
- Health Center
- Learning Center
- Personal Counseling Center
- Residence Life
Stress is normal for college students. While most students cope successfully with college demands, the pressures can become unmanageable and overwhelming for others. Distinct changes in appearance, attitude or behavior are often evidence that a student is in distress.
D'Youville's Student of Concern Committee is available to confidentially review, case by case, these situations and provide guidance, consultation, action plans and referrals.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to schedule a presentation with more details on identifying students of concern.
Early detection and successful referral are important components of student assistance.
More Campus Resources
The Connections Office is your information and resource center. This is where you get your student ID card, parking pass, and much more. Read more
The Learning Center helps you adjust to a college work load and meet your academic goals through tutoring, skills development and workshops. Read more
The Personal Counseling Center offers a place and time to talk about any issues, difficulties or concerns you're experiencing in your personal life. Read more
D'Youville students and alumni enjoy free access to the DYC Career Services Center for job search, resume and interviewing assistance. Read more