The campus security department is a division of U.S. Security Associates. The guards U.S. Security supplies us are trained on an annual basis through the NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services. The Security Director oversees campus security operations and reports to the Associate Vice President of Operations.
All significant decision making and policy implementation regarding security issues are mutually developed between security, certain campus offices, and the Security Advisory Committee. This committee is made up of students, staff, and faculty.
Security & Emergency Telephone Locations
The main security desk is located in the lobby of the D'Youville Academic Center – x7550. The Security Director's office is located in Madonna Hall, room 106. During normal operational hours, security is posted at:
- Marguerite Hall (24 hrs.) – x7695
- Residence Apartment Complex (24 hrs.) – x8890
- Library (During operating hours) – x8117
- Foot/bike patrol.
Emergency phone locations (red phones)
- Lower level in Spot Café
- First floor lobby
- Front and rear stairwells floors 2-6
- Lower level by fitness center
- First floor by gym
- First floor Pool
- Second floor PVR
- Front and rear stairwells floors LL-6
Exterior emergency phone locations (blue phones)
- A Lot
- B Lot
- C Lot
- C-1 Lot
- D Lot
- E Lot (commuter side)
Campus Crime Prevention & Safety Program
This document describes all campus security services, as well as drug and alcohol policies, crime prevention, how to report a crime, how to avoid sexual assault and more. It also includes the Jeanne Cleary Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics as required by the U.S. Department of Education. More about campus disclosures is available at http://ope.ed.gov/security/.
- Crime and Safety Statistics Report (PDF)
- D'Youville College Safety Policy (PDF)
- Emergency Medical Procedures (PDF)
- Emergency Response Reference Guide (PDF)
- Investigation of Missing Students Procedures (PDF)
Phone: (716) 829-7550
Phone: (716) 829-7777
An escort service is provided on campus by the campus security office. Anyone interested in this service should call the security office (x7550), and state their location and destination.