Open Hearts. Open Minds.
D’Youville College is a welcoming community of individuals from many cultures and backgrounds. We recognize and celebrate our cultural differences through a variety of programs and activities.
The Multicultural Affairs Office provides a place for all students to have open dialogue about culture, race and ethnicity. We also offer students, faculty and staff guidance in promoting diversity on campus as well as in the classroom.
If you want to learn more about other cultures, or have a conversation, just knock on our door!
Sampling of Programs and Resources
Brown Bag Lunch Series—view and discuss film documentaries on various issues that include topics like race, culture and other interesting topics.
Let’s Talk Series—share views about education, social issues, health, racism and politics.
Workshops—learn about leadership skills, empowerment, and other useful skills and talents.
Black Student Union Events/Activities:
- Gospel Sensations—an uplifting concert presented annually by area churches, organizations and the D’Youville Choir.
- Speaker Series—on a variety of topics. Suggest one!
- Soul food luncheon—share a meal with others in the college community who bring their favorite soul food dishes. All proceeds for this event benefit the Black Student Union Scholarship Fund.
- Other social events—pajama parties and movie nights.
Latin American Student Organization
- Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with salsa dancing and other fun activities.
Asian Student Organization
- Organize activities to promote understanding of Asian culture and traditions.
For more information, contact the Multicultural Affairs Office at (716) 829-7602 or email Yolanda Wood, Director, at email@example.com.
If you're interested in joining a club or starting a new student organization, contact the Student Activities Office or an SA member. We'll help you get started! Read more
The Student Association is the voice of the student body that addresses student concerns and issues. They also enhance your college experience with fun events. Read more
The Learning Center helps you adjust to a college work load and meet your academic goals through tutoring, skills development and workshops. Read more
You can make an impact through meaningful community service activities. Learn how! Read more