The D'Youville College Health Center provides information, health counseling, emergency treatment, tuberculosis screening, immunizations, health insurance information and printed materials. A full-time physician assistant staffs the center. The Health Center is located on the first floor of Marguerite Hall.
A complete pre-entrance physical examination, which includes the New York state immunization requirement, is required of all students.
D'Youville College strongly recommends that all full- and part-time students have medical insurance. Medical insurance can be purchased during the first six weeks of each semester. Contact the health center for information on individual and family policies. By federal law, all international students must carry health insurance coverage. International students will be billed directly by the college for this insurance, which will be managed through the health center.
Downloadable Forms and Documents
Forms and documents are provided in PDF format. Download and install the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. Left-click to view in your browser, right-click to download.
- Student Health Form (PDF) - This Health and Immunization Report must be completed by your physician and submitted to the Health Center prior to registration.
- Meningitis Vaccination Form (PDF) - This form must be completed and submitted to the Health Center prior to registration.
- Domestic Student Insurance Plan Policy (PDF) - Policy details for the Student Accident and Sickness Insurance plan offered by D'Youville College.
- Domestic Student Insurance Plan Enrollment Form (PDF) - The printable enrollment form for the Student Accident and Sickness Insurance plan, or see the instructions for online enrollment (PDF).
- Accident Report (PDF) - Use this form to report an accident or illness for a student, employee or visitor of D'Youville.
- Domestic Health Insurance Claim Form (PDF) - Used to submit claims to the college medical insurer.
- HIPPA Notice of Privacy Practices for Personal Health Information (PDF) - This document describes policies set forth by the college's medical insurer under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Clinical Rotation Physical Form (PDF)
- Health Records Release Form (PDF)
College life can be hectic and is not always in sync with healthy living. The late nights of studying, stress and poor food choices in the cafeteria can take a toll. While the amount of studying and stress can't be changed, you can change your lifestyle habits to help you cope better. One way is by making good food choices in the cafeteria and dorms. The Dietetics Program at D'Youville will help you make better choices in the cafeteria this fall. Keep your eyes open for signs which point you in the direction toward healthy food choices. To learn more about good nutrition you can visit the American Dietetic Association (www.eatright.org) or MyPyramid (www.mypyramid.gov). Remember good nutrition can lead to better health now and in the future.
- Eat only when you are hungry
- Drink lots of water
- Eat more fruits and veggies
- Take a walk for exercise
HTH Student International Insurance
1 (888) 350-2002
Sick visits should be scheduled by appointment. Please call (716) 829-8777 to make an appointment or sign up for an appointment at the Health Center. If seeing the physician assistant is not feasible, the following locations can be used for emergency medical visits:
Amherst Health Center
1185 Sweet Home Rd
M-F Noon - 10:00 PM
Sat/Sun 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM
Mosher Health Center
899 Main St
M-F Noon - 10:00 PM
Sat 1:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Sun 2:00 PM - 5:30 PM
2497 Delaware Avenue
M-F 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat/Sun 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Jesse Nash Health Center
608 William Street
Buffalo, NY 14206
2 ½ days a week
Call for appointment
ECMC University Occupational Travel Clinic
462 Grider – Room 126
Buffalo, NY 14216
FEE - $120.00 plus $40.00 Clinic fee