There are two meal plan options for resident students. Please note that switching plans does not change the meal plan price. All Marguerite Hall residents must be on a meal plan. There are two options:
- 19 Meal Plan
- All residents are eligible for the plan. It consists of 3 meals a day Monday through Friday, and brunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday. All first time freshmen residents must be on this plan during their first semester on campus.
- 14 Meal Plan
- All returning residents and transfer student residents are eligible for this plan. It consists of any 14 meals during the week. The food service week runs from Monday to Sunday. It also includes $250 of Spartan Bucks that can be used in the Spartan Spot Café, the DAC Kiosk or in the PVR when a resident has guests on campus. Students eligible for this plan that have not already signed up for it can do so during the first week of school. Please see the Director of Residence Life, 109 Marguerite Hall to sign up for this plan.
Apartment residents are given credit for $225 worth of Spartan Bucks that they receive with their room rate. Apartment residents are also eligible to purchase a meal plan or additional Spartan Bucks credit.
Meal Plan Policies
Use of the PVR Dining Hall facilities is limited to students, faculty, administrators, staff, alumni and guests of D'Youville College. Residents must show a resident ID card to obtain their meal, or they must pay the casual meal rate. All others will be required to pay the casual meal rate. Casual meal rates are in U.S. funds and are as follows:
Breakfast - $5.25
Brunch - $6.75
Lunch - $7.75
Dinner - $8.25
- A resident's food service plan is not transferable to another student/person.
- A resident is not allowed to share his/her food service privileges with any non-resident or guest.
- In the PVR, you may take one entrée at a time and then come back as many times as you like. This policy is designed to help eliminate waste by preventing students from taking more food than they can eat.
- All food and beverages purchased/taken in the PVR are to be consumed in the dining hall. No food, beverage, china, silverware, glassware or trays are to be taken from the dining hall.
- All users of the PVR are expected to take their dishes and trays to the dish return.
- No alcoholic beverages or pets are to be brought into the dining hall.
- Sick Trays/Special Exceptions
- Sick trays and exceptions to the "No food leaves the dining room" policy are available to residential students only. Any food/beverage which is to leave the PVR dining complex must be authorized via campus e-mail to the food service director by one of the following: Director of the Health Center, Director or Asst. Director of Residence Life or a senior R.A. Copies of all such requests must be forwarded to the Director of Residence Life.
- Special Diets
- D'Youville College will give special consideration to students who have a medically related dietary problem. Students should contact the Campus Dining Office at (716) 829-7632 to arrange for special dietary needs.
Spartan Spot Cafe
Phone: (716) 829-7630
Phone: (716) 829-7512
Our dining locations on campus offer healthy, great-tasting food options.
Spartan Bucks are used instead of cash in the dining locations on campus.
We're committed to offering the highest quality foods and healthiest preparation techniques.
View a campus map and detailed information about our 17-acre campus.