Marguerite Hall is a twelve-story co-educational residence hall that houses 308 students with approximately 28 residents per floor. Both full–time and part–time housing are offered in Marguerite.
- Primarily for first- and second-year students.
- Co-ed, with floors divided by gender.
- 12-story building with breathtaking views of the Buffalo waterfront, downtown and Canada.
- About 28 students reside on each floor, which includes study lounge, TV lounge and kitchenette.
- Each room has cable TV hook-up, Internet access, phone line capability, micro-fridge and individually-controlled heat/air conditioning.
- Staffed by a security guard 24 hours a day; ID required to enter building.
- Resident Assistant lives on each floor.
- Fun activities and events throughout each semester.
- Well-lighted, protected, parking lot for residents.
For the residents' comfort and convenience each living area has:
- study lounge
- TV lounge
- students have access to vending machines
- coin-less laundry facilities
- 24-hour computer lab located on the first floor
In Marguerite Hall each 15 ft. x 11.5 ft room is furnished with:
- standard twin bed
- desk chair
- wall desk light
Windows measure 59 in. wide by 66 in. long with blinds permanently installed. Any further window decorations may be installed only with tension rods, no other form of attachment is allowed.
Students supply their own linens and personal items including TV, DVD, stereo system, floor lamps, carpet, mirror (to be hung on back of door only), and decorations to make the room more comfortable. There is a single phone line. Students must bring a phone.
A Resident Advisor (RA) is a student staff member who lives on and supervises each floor. The Resident Assistant is responsible for programming activities, enforcing rules, distributing information, and maintaining a positive living environment. Resident Advisors are available to answer questions, listen to your concerns, and to help with your adjustment to D'Youville College.
Residence Council is a recognized college organization that acts as a governing body in the residence halls. Members are selected from each floor to represent the concerns of the residents. Residence Council meets weekly and plans activities with residents including movie nights, dances, local trips, community service projects, and other recreational and social activities.
A security guard staffs Marguerite Hall 24 hours a day to enhance the residents' safety. Residents must present a college ID to enter the building. Visitors must sign-in and be escorted to their destination.
To share in the experience of living on campus in Marguerite Hall, please complete and return these forms:
- Marguerite Hall Application (PDF)
Roommate Questionnaire (PDF)
- Residence Life Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Room Rates (PDF)
- Residence Life Handbook (PDF)
Our apartment style residence offers the privacy and independence of off-campus living with the convenience and benefits of on-campus life.
We offer part-time housing for those students who only want to stay on campus for only few nights a week (1-3 nights).
At D'Youville, you'll eat healthy great-tasting food, and enjoy a flexible meal plan.
Get step-by-step instructions to gain wireless internet access in the dorms or on campus.