Residence Life FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What size are the mattresses?
- Mattresses in all on-campus housing facilities are twin sized.
- How much space is under the bed?
- In Marguerite Hall, standard bed frames are used so there is space between the bed and floor. In the apartments there are drawers under the bed.
- Can I have a refrigerator?
- A MicroFridge is provided in every room in Marguerite Hall. In the apartments full sized refrigerators are provided in each kitchen. Only in rare instances will residents be given permission to bring their own refrigerators. Contact the Residence Life Office ahead of time in regards to this if you believe that you have extenuating circumstances.
- Are cooking facilities available?
- In Marguerite Hall every floor has a kitchenette. Each resident apartment has a full sized kitchen.
- Are telephone services provided?
- Local telephone service and voice mail is provided free of charge but you must pay for long distance telephone calls. You'll need to bring your own telephone and complete a telephone setup process in order to use it.
- Can I bring a TV?
- Basic cable is available in each room of the residence halls. You provide personal television sets and cable wire extensions. Extra cable packages with premium channels can be purchased individually from the local cable company.
- Will I have an Internet connection?
- There are internet connections in each bedroom, one for each student. In Marguerite Hall there is a computer lab on the first floor and in the apartment building there is a computer lab in the lower level. Computer labs are also located in the Bauer Family Academic Center and the Montante Family Library. Wireless internet access is also available.
- Can I move in early?
- You may not move into your assigned room earlier than the published date and time. If you will be arriving before the residence halls open you'll need to stay in a hotel or make other arrangements.
- How much does laundry cost?
- Laundry costs are included in housing fees. Washers and dryers on campus do not require coins.
- What is the guest policy?
- Residents may host visitors everyday until 1am at night, and until 3am on Friday and Saturday nights. In cases where a resident would like to host a guest overnight, they may do so according to the following guidelines: Guests may stay on campus for a maximum of two days within the course of a seven day period, beginning the first night they are registered. Campus residents may only have two guests within a seven day period and may not have more than two guests per night in any room. In Marguerite Hall, only guests of the same gender are permitted to stay with resident host.
- Can I have a car on campus?
- Resident parking hang tags are available on a first-come, first-served basis dependent on class standing. They are sold by the Residence Life Office during the first week of classes. Campus residents are only allowed to park in the lot for the building you live in; you'll be ticketed if you park in other areas.
- How do I choose the right meal plan?
- Please see Food Service Dining Hall Policy for meal plan information.
- Are there any non-smoking residence halls?
- All residence halls are non-smoking. Per New York state law, there is no smoking in any building on campus including residence halls. All persons must go to the city sidewalk to smoke.
- How do I register for on-campus housing?
- Contact the Residence Life Office for information about applying for on-campus housing at (716) 829-8500.
- What banks are available in Buffalo?
- The following banks are available in Buffalo: Keybank, Citizensbank, Evans Bank, Bank of America, M&T Bank, and First Niagara.
- What accommodations are available for guests in the Buffalo area?
- There are numerous hotels near the D'Youville campus. To take advantage of special rates, please phone the hotels directly and inquire whether a D'Youville or college/university rate is available.
- What forms of transportation are available in Buffalo?
- Public transportation operates throughout the city of Buffalo. The NFTA website provides information about local buses and subway trains. Train, plane and bus information is available from Amtrak, Greyhound, Trailways of New York, and Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
Marguerite Hall is a 12-story building with breathtaking views of the Buffalo waterfront, downtown and Canada.
Our apartment style residence offers the privacy and independence of off-campus living with the convenience and benefits of on-campus life.
At D'Youville, you'll eat healthy great-tasting food, and enjoy a flexible meal plan.
Get step-by-step instructions to gain wireless internet access in the dorms or on campus.