Clubs & Organizations
Getting involved in campus life at D'Youville College is easy. We have over 35 campus clubs and organizations which sponsor events, activities, community service, and lots of other ways to have fun.
Why Get Involved?
- I can help make decisions about campus activities
- I use my time more productively
- I like helping others through community service
- I enjoy being part of a team
- I've gone outside of my comfort zone and become more confident
- I'm building my resume
- I made friends that I might not have otherwise
- I like the free promotional stuff you get at events!
The Student Association provides official recognition to clubs and organizations. We encourage all D'Youville students to get involved with one or more. If you're interested in joining a club or starting a new student organization, contact the Student Activities Office or an SA member. We'll help you get started!
SA Recognized Clubs and Organizations
- African Student Union - The African Student Union fosters the understanding of Africa and promotes a true image of the Pan African spirit in the D'Youville and Buffalo communities, while welcoming all students to participate in its activities.
- Alliance - The Alliance welcomes and provides a comfortable and safe place for all students, especially gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender students. The organization sponsors and participates in educational, social and leadership programs.
- American Pharmacists Association Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP) - The APhA encourages the development of all student pharmacists into knowledgeable and competent healthcare professionals by providing opportunities to develop leadership capabilities and increasing awareness of current issues facing the pharmacy profession.
- Athletics Committee
- Black Student Union - The Black Student Union is open to all members of the student body, offers a yearly scholarship and sponsors various campus activities.
- D'Youville Chorale - An opportunity for students to express themselves musically.
- D'Youville Hockey Club - The DYC Hockey Club provides students an opportunity to compete at the intercollegiate college club hockey level within the Men' Association, College Hockey Association, at the Division III level. Members can be players, off-ice officials and boosters.
- D'Youville College Chiropractic Sports Council - At the core of its mission, the Chiropractic Sports Council provides DYC chiropractic students the experience of working with recreational and elite level athletes as well as to provide the local sporting community with chiropractic care as the students themselves develop skills in an athletic environment.
- D'Youville College Cycling Club - Dedicated to promoting fun, responsible riding, while producing a racing team focused on developing the physical, competitive, moral and intellectual character of DYC student cyclists.
- D'Youville College School of Pharmacy Student Society of Health System Pharmacy (SSHP) - The SSHP stimulates student interest in the health system pharmacy and academia, encourages students to pursue post-graduate residency in training, assists students in the preparation of postgraduate residency application, provides information to students about career directions in, and the credentials needed for, pharmacy practice in health systems and promotes membership and participation in local, state, and national health systems pharmacist organizations.
- Future Teachers Association - The Future Teachers Association encourages all students in the education field to become more knowledgeable in their field of study by providing opportunities to develop leadership capabilities, increasing student awareness of current issues through programs, meetings and speakers; encouraging student participation at chapter, regional, state and national meetings and making information in all fields of education readily available.
- International Student Club - The International Student Club promotes cultural diversity and acts as a platform for cultural exchange among all students.
- Issues Committee
- Kappa Delta (History Club) - Kappa Delta aims to increase awareness of current, political and international issues by promoting study and interest in all areas of history.
- Kappa Psi (Fraternity)
- Lambda Kappa Sigma (Fraternity)
- Lambda Sigma Honor Society (sophomores) - Lambda Sigma Honor Society is a sophomore national honor society which concentrates on service, community involvement and academics. It received high recognition from the national organization.
- Math and Natural Sciences Club - The Math and Natural Sciences Club brings together students from various programs by sponsoring socials, community service and fundraising programs.
- National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA)
- Muslim Student Association - The Muslim Student Association raises awareness of issues facing Muslims while bringing students together for educational, social, cultural and community service events. The organization provides opportunities for students to discuss and debate issues as well as devise solutions to problems.
- Phi Deli Chi (Fraternity)
- Pi Theta Epsilon - Pi Theta Epsilon is a national honor society for occupational therapy students.
- Pre-Pharmacy Club - Provides students with valuable exposure to various aspects of the pharmacy field, while aiding students in endeavors to become educated, well-rounded pharmacy school applicants.
- Programming Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Residence Council - The Residence Council is made up of resident students who plan events for the residence hall as well as the college community.
- Sigma Theta Tau - Sigma Theta Tau is an honor society for nursing students.
- Rho Chi Society (Academic Honor Society)
- Sociology Club - The Sociology Club raises awareness and addresses real world issues and social problems by providing students, as well as the community with opportunities for discussion, debate, problem-solving exercises and "get-involved" events.
- Student American Chiropractic Association - The Student American Chiropractic Association promotes awareness of the chiropractic profession and cultivates future leaders.
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee - The Student Athlete Advisory Committee is a representative body of student athletes that works with the athletic department while addressing current issues of student athletes.
- Student College of Clinical Pharmacy (SCCP)
- Student Dietetics Association - The Student Dietetics Association helps students become more aware of the dietetic program and related college activities.
- Student Hippotherapy Club - The Student Hippotherapy Club raises awareness about hippotherapy and the D'Youville College hippotherapy program. The group strives to serve the community through volunteering and fundraising, creating awareness of hippotherapy as a treatment strategy and advocating and supporting those seeking hippotherapy services.
- Student Management Association - The Student Management Association is designed to bring together students in Business and students interested in business by providing presentations and making information readily available in all related fields. This association serves the community through volunteering and various fundraising efforts.
- Student Nurses Association - The Student Nurses Association is designed to keep student nurses in touch with the nursing profession.
- Student Occupational Therapy Association - The Student Occupational Therapy Association helps students learn about their profession; plans many social and community service events.
- Student Pharmacist Research Association (SPRA)
- Student Physical Therapy Association - The Student Physical Therapy Association acts as a liaison between its members and faculty while planning activities such as community service and social outings.
- Student Physician Assistant Association - The Student Physician Assistant Association is a vibrant organization which helps to enhance the college experience.
- Student Psychology Association - The Student Psychology Association brings together students, who are interested in the field of psychology, through fundraisers, community service events and educational workshops.
- Student Veterans Association - The Student Veterans Association is designed to give support to veterans, their families and the community. The club strives to serve the community through volunteering while advocating for veterans and raising awareness in the general public about issues important to veterans. The club also provides a place for veterans at D'Youville College to meet and socialize.
- Student Society of Health-System Pharmacists (SSHP)
Campus location: College Center 115/120A
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Phone: (716) 829-7687 or (716) 829-7754