Please keep in mind the following deadlines as you prepare for the graduation ceremony and related events.
Friday, April 5
Monday, April 15
- Deadline for notifying Vice President for Student Affairs regarding your attendance at the Interfaith Hooding Service and/or Commencement ceremony. Contact Stutzman@dyc.edu or email@example.com, CC19, (716) 829-8100.
- Deadline to clear your account with the Student Accounts Office, KAB 222, and with the Library.
Monday, April 15 to Friday, May 10
- Pick up your Commencement tickets and announcements from Lori Stutzman, secretary to the Vice President for Student Affairs, CC 119, (716) 829-8100. Please contact us if you cannot pick them up during regular office hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and need special arrangements.
- Each graduate will receive six tickets and announcements, including one of each for yourself.
- An $80 graduation fee will be charged whether you participate in the ceremonies or not.
Monday, May 6
- Deadline to make your reservation for the Graduate Brunch. For more information, contact the Alumni Office, 631 Niagara Street, (716) 829-7806 or (716) 829-7808.
Friday, May 10
- Last day to return the press release form which allows for release of information about your graduation to your local media sources. Return to Lori Stutzman, CC119.
Monday, May 6 to Friday, May 17
- Pick up academic cap and gown from the College Bookstore, (716) 829-7666.
Thursday, May 16
- 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - Interfaith Hooding Service & Commencement Rehearsal, Kleinhans Music Hall, four blocks east on Porter Avenue
- 11:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Graduate Brunch, compliments of the Alumni Association and the Office of Alumni Relations. Reservations required. Porterview Room, College Center.
Friday, May 17
- 7 p.m. - Line up for Interfaith Hooding Service, 1st floor, Koessler Administration Building (KAB). Please be prompt.
- 7:30 p.m. - Interfaith Hooding Service, Holy Angels Church.
- 9 p.m. - Wine and Cheese Reception, Blue Lounge, College Center
Saturday, May 18
- 8:15 a.m. – Line up for Commencement ceremony at Kleinhans Music Hall.
- 9 a.m. – Commencement. Kleinhans Music Hall. Tickets required.
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Reception for graduates and guests, College Center.
Contact DYC Student Affairs
Robert (Butch) Murphy
Vice President, Student Affairs
Assistant to VP
Campus location: College Center 118/119
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Phone: (716) 829-8100
You are required to have academic attire to participate in both the Interfaith Hooding Service and Commencement.
Get information about the Graduate Brunch, Interfaith Hooding Service and undergraduate and graduate Commencement.
Order the cap, gown and hood that is required for the Interfaith Hooding Service and Commencement from the College Bookstore.
Get directions and view hotels in the area.