Please keep in mind the following deadlines as you prepare for the graduation ceremony and related events.
Monday, April 14
Monday, April 14
- Deadline for notifying Vice President for Student Affairs regarding your attendance at the Interfaith Hooding Service and/or Commencement ceremony. Contact Stutzman@dyc.edu, CC19, (716) 829-8100.
- Deadline to clear your account with the Student Accounts Office, KAB 222, (716) 829-7638 and with the Library, (716) 829-7618.
Monday, April 14 to Friday, May 9
- Pick up your Commencement tickets and announcements from Lori Stutzman, secretary to the Vice President for Student Affairs, CC 119, (716) 829-8100. Please contact us if you cannot pick them up during regular office hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and need special arrangements.
- Each graduate will receive six tickets and announcements, including one of each for yourself.
Monday, May 5
- Deadline to make your reservation for the Graduate Lunch. For more information, contact the Alumni Office, 631 Niagara Street, (716) 829-7806.
Friday, May 9
- Last day to return the press release form which allows for release of information about your graduation to your local media sources. Return to Lori Stutzman, CC119.
Monday, May 5 to Friday, May 16
- Pick up academic regalia from the College Bookstore, (716) 829-7666.
Thursday, May 15
- 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - Interfaith Hooding Service & Commencement Rehearsal, Kleinhans Music Hall, four blocks east on Porter Avenue
- 11:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Graduate Lunch, compliments of the Alumni Association. Reservations required. Porterview Room, College Center.
Friday, May 16
- 7 p.m. - Line up for Interfaith Hooding Service, 1st floor, Koessler Administration Building (KAB). Please be prompt.
- 7:30 p.m. - Interfaith Hooding Service, Holy Angels Church.
- 9 p.m. - Reception, Blue Lounge, College Center
Saturday, May 17
- 8:15 a.m. – Line up for Commencement ceremony at Kleinhans Music Hall. Please be prompt.
- 9 a.m. – Commencement, Kleinhans Music Hall. Tickets required.
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Reception for graduates and guests, College Center.
Contact DYC Student Affairs
Robert (Butch) Murphy
Vice President, Student Affairs
Assistant to VP
Campus location: College Center 118/119
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Phone: (716) 829-8100
You are required to have academic attire to participate in both the Interfaith Hooding Service and Commencement.
Get information about undergraduate and graduate commencement festivities, academic attire and deadlines.
Order the cap, gown and hood that is required for the Interfaith Hooding Service and Commencement from the College Bookstore.
Directions to get to Kleinhan's Music Hall (Commencement Venue).