Orientation for Transfer Students
Get Ready for Your First Semester at D'Youville
We want to make the transition to D'Youville as easy as possible for you. Here's what you can expect at orientation:
- Meet with your academic advisor who will help you plan your fall course schedule.
- Register for classes and receive a printed schedule to take home.
- Learn about campus and take a tour
- Get to know D'Youville people before you arrive for classes
At orientation, you'll hear from D'Youville staff who will fill you in on such practical matters as:
- Living on campus and how to use your student ID card
- How to buy a parking pass and where to park
- How to find your way around campus
- Where to go for tutoring assistance and academic counseling
- How we help you finance your education
- Different payment plans that are available to you
If You're Starting in the Fall Semester
- You'll attend a half-day orientation session in June or July. We'll invite you to attend a session via postcard and email.
- Before attending your orientation you'll need to take the Skills Assessment Inventory and submit you Student Health Form (PDF) to the Health Center.
Transfer Student Orientation Dates
Coming Summer 2014
Registering for Orientation
Admitted students receive invitations via e-mail and print mail, to attend Transfer Student Orientation starting in mid-April.
If You're Starting in the Spring Semester
- You'll register for one of three orientation/academic advisement dates during the fall 2013 semester. Options include: December 4, 5 or 9, 2013.
- Once you've been admitted and submitted your deposit, call the Connections Office at (716) 829-7766 to make your academic advisement appointment.
- Before attending your academic advisement appointment you'll need to take the Skills Assessment Inventory and submit your Student Health Form (PDF) to the Health Center.
Before you attend the orientation session, you must take the Skills Assessment Inventory. This exam helps us determine whether there is certain coursework you'll need to take.
If you already hold a bachelor's degree, you are exempt from the Skills Assessment Inventory.
Tip: Register for the Skills Assessment Inventory at least two weeks prior to your scheduled orientation day. Space is limited. You won't be able to register for classes until you've taken it.
Contact Connections, your information and resource center for all things D'Youville. We coordinate student orientations and help you get acclimated to campus. Phone (716) 829-7766 or email email@example.com.
Jeffrey Platt, Associate VP, Student Affairs
Campus location: BFAC 101
Office Hours Mon-Thurs., 8:30 AM to 7 PM; Fri., 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Phone: (716) 829-7766
The Connections Office is your information and resource center. This is where you get your student ID card, parking pass, and much more.
Get step-by-step instructions to gain wireless internet access in the dorms or on campus.
See a campus map, get directions to campus.
At D'Youville, you'll eat healthy great-tasting food, and enjoy a flexible meal plan.