Graduate Student Orientation
Preparing for Your First Semester
We want to make sure you experience a smooth transition to D'Youville. Before you begin your first semester, you'll be invited to attend a student orientation. At orientation, you'll get to know D'Youville people and become part of our community right away!
Make Your Reservation
Master's and doctoral students entering in the fall may register for a half-day orientation session in May, June or July. Our Connections Office coordinates these orientation sessions, in addition to a variety of other student services.
If you are starting D'Youville at any time other than September, contact Graduate Admissions for an orientation appointment. If you're a graduate physical therapy or occupational therapy major, you are required to attend our May orientation.
Registering for Orientation
Admitted students receive invitations to Graduate Student Orientation by email, starting in mid-April. You can register for Orientation by using the online registration link or by contacting the Connections Office.
- Occupational Therapy students should contact Donna Bronschidle to register for orientation.
- Physical Therapy students should contact Laura Aurelio to register for orientation.
- Graduate nursing students will attend an individual advisement session over the summer.
What Happens at Orientation
We understand that working professionals have busy schedules. So, we target orientations to address your specific needs. Group sessions begin promptly at 9:30 a.m., include lunch and end with registration for classes, around 2 p.m. Here's what you can expect:
- Meet with your academic advisor to plan your course schedule.
- Find out about any program-specific requirements during your first semester.
- Register for classes and receive a printed schedule.
- Hear from D'Youville staff who will cover such practical matters as:
- where to park and getting around campus
- accessing library, information technology, and other services
- how to finance your education
- different payment plans available to you
Graduate Orientation Dates
Coming Summer 2014
Jeffrey Platt, Associate VP, Student Affairs
Campus location: BFAC 101
Office Hours Mon-Thurs., 8:30 AM to 7 PM; Fri., 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Phone: (716) 829-7766
The Connections Office is your information and resource center. This is where you get your student ID card, parking pass, and much more.
Get step-by-step instructions to gain wireless internet access in the dorms or on campus.
See a campus map, get directions to campus.
At D'Youville, you'll eat healthy great-tasting food, and enjoy a flexible meal plan.