The Office of Diversity and Inclusion provides direction and services for current and prospective students that foster an inclusive and supportive environment.
Open Hearts. Open Minds.
At D'Youville we recognize and celebrate our cultural differences. We're a welcoming community of individuals from many cultures and background.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion offers students, faculty and staff a place where we can explore a variety of topics: including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and so much more. Cultural expression and diverse backgrounds are celebrated in the D’Youville community and beyond.
Programs and Resources
- Reach 1 Teach 1: View and discuss film documentaries on various issues in which race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, politics, socioeconomic status, or educational topics are used through film and entertainment.
- Courageous Conversations: Conversations of engagement that welcome a variety of topics that aim to engage, stretch and celebrate difference and sameness.
- Workshops: Leadership Development, Cultural Competency/Awareness, Time Management Skills; are just a few of the workshop topics offered by the office.
- Cultural Heritage Month Celebrations
- Multicultural Club Support
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Yolanda Wood, Director
Location: CC 113
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion provides students’ academic, social and personal support to help them adjust to college life. The office works to foster, within the D'Youville community, a respect and appreciation for the traditions and cultures of all students, with a focus on multicultural groups. The office aims to promote diversity and multiculturalism on campus.