D'Youville has four dining locations spread throughout the campus so grabbing a quick snack or a full meal is always convenient.
Through a partnership with Personal Touch Food Service, D'Youville provides our students and staff with excellent, nutritious, and affordable meals and snacks on campus. Most of the locations also feature space for studying and socializing so grabbing a bite during the day is simple and convenient.
George O. Kuhrt Dining Hall (Formerly Porterview Room)
Located in the College Center. With its food court setup and variety of selections, the Kuhrt Dining Hall is the best choice for residents and commuters to enjoy a great meal. It offers an all you can eat program for residents and those paying at the door.
Kuhrt Dining Hall Menu
Monday - Friday
- Full Breakfast: 7:30 AM – 9:30 AM
- Continental Breakfast: 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM
- Lunch: 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Dinner: 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Saturday and Sunday
- Brunch: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Dinner: 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
For holidays when the residence halls remain open (Labor Day, Columbus Day, etc.) meals will consist of brunch and dinner only.
Spartan Spot Café
Located in the lower level of the ALT building. The Spartan Spot Café is the perfect place to grab a bite, a beverage or a snack between classes. Come have a great cup of Spot coffee, visit with friends, or just relax between classes.
- Monday - Thursday: 6:30 AM - 8:30 PM
- Friday: 7:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Closed on Saturday and Sunday, holidays, and days when no classes are scheduled.
Located on the first floor of the SASE building. The SASE Café is the perfect place to grab a bite, a beverage or a snack between classes. Come have a great cup of Illycaffè coffee, visit with friends, or just relax between classes.
- Monday - Thursday: 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Friday: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Closed on Saturday & Sunday, holidays and days when no classes are scheduled.
D'Youville Academic Center Kiosk
Located on the second floor of the D'Youville Academic Center (DAC), the DAC Kiosk provides a quick snack or coffee and features a large study area in a sunny, scenic spot.
- Monday - Friday: 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Closed on Saturday and Sunday, holidays, and days when no classes are scheduled.
Meal Plan Information
There are two meal plan options for resident students. Please note that switching plans does not change the meal plan price. All Marguerite Hall residents must be on a meal plan. There are two options:
19 Meal Plan
All residents are eligible for the plan. It consists of 3 meals a day Monday through Friday, and brunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday. All first time freshmen residents must be on this plan during their first semester on campus.
14 Meal Plan
All returning residents and transfer student residents are eligible for this plan. It consists of any 14 meals during the week. The food service week runs from Monday to Sunday. It also includes $250 of Spartan Bucks that can be used in the Spartan Spot Café, the DAC Kiosk or in the Kuhrt Dining Hall when a resident has guests on campus.
Students eligible for this plan that have not already signed up for it can do so during the first week of school. Please see the Director of Residence Life, 109 Marguerite Hall to sign up for this plan.
Apartment residents are given credit for $225 worth of Spartan Bucks that they receive with their room rate. Apartment residents are also eligible to purchase a meal plan or additional Spartan Bucks credit.
Use of the Kuhrt Dining Hall facilities is limited to students, faculty, administrators, staff, alumni and guests of D'Youville College. Residents must show a resident ID card to obtain their meal, or they must pay the casual meal rate. All others will be required to pay the casual meal rate. Casual meal rates are in U.S. funds and are as follows:
Breakfast - $5.70
Brunch - $7.20
Lunch - $8.20
Dinner - $8.70
- A resident's food service plan is not transferable to another student/person.
- A resident is not allowed to share his/her food service privileges with any non-resident or guest.
- In the Kuhrt Dining Hall, you may take one entrée at a time and then come back as many times as you like. This policy is designed to help eliminate waste by preventing students from taking more food than they can eat.
- All food and beverages purchased/taken in the Kuhrt Dining Hall are to be consumed in the dining hall. No food, beverage, china, silverware, glassware or trays are to be taken from the dining hall.
- All users of the dining hall are expected to take their dishes and trays to the dish return.
- No alcoholic beverages or pets are to be brought into the dining hall.
Sick Trays/Special Exceptions
Sick trays and exceptions to the "No food leaves the dining room" policy are available to residential students only. Any food/beverage which is to leave the dining hall must be authorized via campus e-mail to the food service director by one of the following: Director of the Health Center, Director or Asst. Director of Residence Life or a senior R.A. Copies of all such requests must be forwarded to the Director of Residence Life.
D'Youville College will give special consideration to students who have a medically related dietary problem. Students should contact the Campus Dining Office at 716-829-7632 to arrange for special dietary needs.
Additional Dining Information
A Spartan Bucks account is a declining balance debit program. Activate your D'Youville Student ID Card with a Spartan account for use in any of the D'Youville dining locations, including the Kuhrt Dining Hall, Spartan Spot Cafe or the D'Youville Academic Center Kiosk.
With just a $25 initial deposit, you will enjoy these great benefits:
- Tax free purchases (8.75%) in the Kuhrt Dining Hall
- Convenience of not carrying cash
- Flexibility and convenience
All students, commuter or resident, faculty, staff and administration are eligible to buy Spartan Bucks.
Add Money to Your Account
Spartan Bucks are part of the resident students semester meal/housing plan and must be used by the end of each semester or are lost.
Resident students on the 14-meal plan or who live in the apartment complex are limited to using $15.00 of their Spartan Bucks per day.
Note: Spartan Bucks purchased separately outside of meal plans have no daily limits and unused bucks will roll over.
Personal Touch Food Service is committed to promoting better health and wellness by offering the highest quality foods and preparation techniques in accordance with current scientific evidence and is dedicated to providing up-to-date nutrition and lifestyle education to enhance knowledge and application toward development of lifelong wellness practices.
It is the policy of Personal Touch Food Service that:
- Personal Touch Food Service will take every measure to ensure client access to foods and beverages that meet our nutrition goals as well as federal, state and local laws and guidelines.
- Nutrition and wellness policy goals will be considered in planning all corporate-based activities.
- Nutrition policy guidelines will be considered in all purchasing and preparation techniques to assure the highest quality, nutrient dense foods are made available to all Personal Touch Food Service consumers.
- Nutrition and lifestyle education will be provided for clients and staff to foster healthy lifestyle habits, encouraging daily consumption of nutrient-dense foods in appropriate quantities and adequate physical activity.
- Foods offered, preparation practices, and nutrition and wellness education provided will be evaluated regularly to monitor implementation of policy goals.
- Personal Touch Food Service will monitor, review, and revise the policy as needed to fulfill the mission of promoting better health and wellness among clients and staff.
In addition to offering four dining locations on campus, Personal Touch Food Service also offers Catering and Special Event planning for D'Youville College. If you are hosting a meeting, party or other special event on campus, Personal Touch has a variety of options to make your event successful. Contact Nancy Altman for more information.