Most of our campus events take place in the College Center and are free to students.
We also make it affordable for you to join college-sponsored trips—to Sabres hockey games and other off-campus events.
Our fitness center, classes, gym and pool are great for working off last night's pizza.
Learn more about campus life through our student-run newspaper, The Catalyst.
Check out the ways you can get involved below.
The Student Activities Office staff works closely with students, clubs, college departments and student leaders to provide the D'Youville community with entertainment, community service and recreational and leadership opportunities.
Student Activities Office
College Center 115/120A
Mon-Fri, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Phone: 716-829-7687 or 716-829-7754
LEADERSHIP for the Empowerment, Action, and Development of Students
D'Youville LEADS is a leadership development initiative open to student leaders and those students who want to learn about leadership while becoming more involved on campus. The goal of the program is to provide students with experiences and opportunities that develop leadership skills.
D'Youville LEADS sponsors various activities and opportunities at various times that students may choose to attend. Workshops and activities are scheduled at a variety of times to accommodate the needs of many students. Most sessions last an hours and a half and prove to be interactive and informative. Contact the Student Activities Office for more information on D'Youville LEADS.
- After Hours Party
- Blah Busters
- Club Community Service Events
- Club Day
- Equalogy Theatre Performances
- Family & Friends Weekend
- Homecoming Events
- Honors Convocation
- Game Shows
- Kavinoky Theatre Preview Nights
- Leadership Conference and Programs
- Mega Bingo
- Movie Nights
- Open Mic Night
- Psychic Fair
- SA Community Caring Day
- Spartan Senior Games
- Spiritual Retreats
- Sporting & Theater Event Excursions
- Student Appreciation Days
Many of these events feature raffles, exciting giveaways, free food and our own, special event T-shirts!
The Student Association is the voice of the student body that addresses student concerns and issues.
Campus location: College Center
The elected governing body of the Student Association is the senate, which is comprised of an executive council and senators representing part-time students, graduate students and students from each of the four classes. The Student Association administers the student activity fee which funds leadership programs, student activities, the college calendar and resource guide, orientation, club events and athletics. The senate meets twice a month and the meetings are open to all students.
Student Association Committees
Promotes and supports athletic events while striving to provide a spirited fan base for our Lady Spartan and Spartan athletes. The committee is also responsible for intramural events and working with any sport/athletic-based clubs which have been or are seeking official recognition from the Student Association. They also report to the SA Senate any issues or concerns pertaining to athletics. Love sports? Join this committee.
Responsible for the publication of the student newspaper, The Catalyst. In addition to providing stories of what’s happening on campus, there are reoccurring columns related to restaurant reviews, SA events, Spartan sports and editorials. The coeditors are elected by the SA Senate, but staff positions are open to the entire college community. This committee is always looking for writers and photographers.
Read the current issue to find out more.
Serves as an advocate and voice for student concerns. The members of this committee are responsible for presenting problems and concerns brought forth by students and for investigating those concerns with the appropriate college personnel or SA members. The committee surveys the student body on a regular basis to obtain opinions and feedback on matters which impact their college experience. Be a voice for enhancing the DYC experience by joining this committee.
Responsible for planning, promoting and organizing events on campus and supporting club events. This committee is one of the most active groups on campus. If you like to be creative, active and are interested in meeting new people, then the programming committee is for you.
Public Relations Committee
In charge of the promotion of SA and all special events sponsored by SA. These events include, but are not limited to: SA Elections, Club Day, Caring Campaign and Community Cleanup. The committee also assists in the management of SA’s Facebook and Twitter accounts. If you are creative and enjoy marketing this committee will keep you engaged.
Getting involved in campus life at D'Youville College is easy. We have over 35 campus clubs and organizations which sponsor events, activities, community service, and lots of other ways to have fun.
The Student Association provides official recognition to clubs and organizations. We encourage all D'Youville students to get involved with one or more.
If you’re interested in starting a new student club contact the staff in the Student Activities Office to help get you started.
- Alliance - The Alliance welcomes and provides a comfortable and safe place for all students, especially gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender students. The organization sponsors and participates in educational, social and leadership programs.
- American Pharmacists Association- Academy of Student Pharmacists (ASP) - The APhA encourages the development of all student pharmacists into knowledgeable and competent healthcare professionals by providing opportunities to develop leadership capabilities and increasing awareness of current issues facing the pharmacy profession.
- American Society of Consultant Pharmacists Student Chapter at DYC
- Chemistry Club at DYC
- D'Youville Cheerleading Club
- D'Youville Chess Club
- D'Youville Cycling Club - Dedicated to promoting fun, responsible riding, while producing a racing team focused on developing the physical, competitive, moral and intellectual character of DYC student cyclists.
- D'Youville Hockey Club - The DYC Hockey Club provides students an opportunity to compete at the intercollegiate college club hockey level within the Men' Association, College Hockey Association, at the Division III level. Members can be players, off-ice officials and boosters.
- D'Youville Philosophy Club
- D'Youville Ski/Snowboarding Club
- D'Youville School of Pharmacy- NCPA Chapter
- D'Youville College School of Pharmacy Student Society of Health System Pharmacy (SSHP) - The SSHP stimulates student interest in the health system pharmacy and academia, encourages students to pursue post-graduate residency in training, assists students in the preparation of postgraduate residency application, provides information to students about career directions in, and the credentials needed for, pharmacy practice in health systems and promotes membership and participation in local, state, and national health systems pharmacist organizations.
- D'Youville School of Pharmacy Student Pharmaceutical Research Association
- D'Youville Transfer Student Association
- Exercise Sports Science Club
- International Student Club - The International Student Club promotes cultural diversity and acts as a platform for cultural exchange among all students.
- Kappa Delta History Club - Kappa Delta aims to increase awareness of current, political and international issues by promoting study and interest in all areas of history.
- Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity Epsilon Omicron Chapter
- Lambda Kappa Sigma Pharmacy Fraternity Beta Alpha Chapter
- Lambda Sigma Sophomore Honor Society - Lambda Sigma Honor Society is a sophomore national honor society which concentrates on service, community involvement and academics. It received high recognition from the national organization.
- Math and Natural Sciences Club - The Math and Natural Sciences Club brings together students from various programs by sponsoring socials, community service and fundraising programs.
- Phi Deli Chi Professional Fraternity Gamma Pi Chapter
- Phi Lambda Sigma Pharmacy Leadership Society Delta Pi Chapter
- Pi Theta Epsilon - Pi Theta Epsilon (PTE) is a national honor society for Occupational Therapy students. The Alpha Rho Chapter is very active at D'Youville College and hosts fall and spring events that are open to the entire D'Youville College community. In May 2016, PTE's Art Gallery event was named "Best Cultural and Educational Event" for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Pre-Pharmacy Club - Provides students with valuable exposure to various aspects of the pharmacy field, while aiding students in endeavors to become educated, well-rounded pharmacy school applicants.
- Residence Council - The Residence Council is made up of resident students who plan events for the residence hall as well as the college community.
- Rho Chi Society Epsilon Beta Chapter
- Sigma Theta Tau - Sigma Theta Tau is an honor society for nursing students.
- Student American Chiropractic Association - The Student American Chiropractic Association promotes awareness of the chiropractic profession and cultivates future leaders.
- Student College of Clinical Pharmacy (SCCP) DYC Chapter
- Student Dietetics Association - The Student Dietetics Association helps students become more aware of the dietetic program and related college activities.
- Student Hippotherapy Club - The Student Hippotherapy Club raises awareness about hippotherapy and the D'Youville College hippotherapy program. The group strives to serve the community through volunteering and fundraising, creating awareness of hippotherapy as a treatment strategy and advocating and supporting those seeking hippotherapy services.
- Student Management Association - The Student Management Association is designed to bring together students in Business and students interested in business by providing presentations and making information readily available in all related fields. This association serves the community through volunteering and various fundraising efforts.
- Student Nurses Association - The Student Nurses Association is designed to keep student nurses in touch with the nursing profession.
- Student Occupational Therapy Association - The Student Occupational Therapy Association helps students learn about their profession; plans many social and community service events.
- Student Pharmacist Society of the State of New York - DYC
- Student Physical Therapy Association - The Student Physical Therapy Association acts as a liaison between its members and faculty while planning activities such as community service and social outings.
- Student Physician Assistant Association - The Student Physician Assistant Association is a vibrant organization which helps to enhance the college experience.
- Student Psychology Association - The Student Psychology Association brings together students, who are interested in the field of psychology, through fundraisers, community service events and educational workshops.
- Student Veterans Association - The Student Veterans Association is designed to give support to veterans, their families and the community. The club strives to serve the community through volunteering while advocating for veterans and raising awareness in the general public about issues important to veterans. The club also provides a place for veterans at D'Youville College to meet and socialize.
- Timothy Global Health Foundation
Volunteer with Campus Ministry
Do you remember waving your hand enthusiastically showing your willingness to help? That hand raising gesture so early on in your life demonstrated a willingness to volunteer. Here are some of the reasons why volunteering is so important to you and others:
- To help someone
- To improve the community
- To move from your comfort zone
- To build new relationships
- To enhance your resume and establish community connections
More information about volunteer opportunities can be found on the Campus Ministry page.