Orientation is designed to make your transition to D'Youville a smooth one.
You can look forward to many exciting challenges and opportunities as you begin your D'Youville college career. To help smooth the transition, we arrange summer and fall orientation sessions for transfer students, to help you prepare for the upcoming semester.
Here's what you can expect:
- Meet with your academic advisor who will help you plan your fall course schedule.
- Register for classes and leave with a printed schedule.
- Learn about campus and take a tour
- Get to know D'Youville people before your arrive for classes
At orientation, you'll hear from D'Youville staff who will fill you in on such practical matters as:
- Living on campus and how to use your student ID card
- How to purchase a parking hang tag and where to park
- How to find your way around campus
- Where to go for tutoring assistance and academic counseling
- How we help you finance your education
- Different payment plans that are available to you
Upcoming Transfer Orientation Dates 2018
- Wednesday, June 13
- Wednesday, June 20
- Friday, June 29
- Tuesday, July 10
- Tuesday July 17
- You'll register for one of three orientation/academic advisement dates during the fall semester. Dates TBA.
- Once you've been admitted and submitted your deposit, call the Connections Office at 716-829-7766 to make your academic advisement appointment.
- Before attending your orientation you'll need to submit your Student Health Form (PDF) to the Health Center.
How to register
You'll receive an invitation to attend via e-mail and print mail, in April (if you're starting in the fall semester). If your start date is spring semester, expect to attend an orientation in November or December.
Your invitation to New Student Orientation will have all the information you'll need to know on how to register for your session. Watch for your invitation, then reserve your spot right away.
Call us at 716-829-7766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require special accommodations or information on accessible entrances and pathways, let us know by calling 716-829-7766.