Get to know us at Freshman Orientation!
To help smooth the transition into your college career, we arrange summer orientation sessions, usually in July, to help you prepare for the fall semester.
If you're feeling a little anxious about your first days and weeks on campus, it's perfectly natural. At orientation, you'll be matched with a college mentor, who's a member of the D'Youville community (student, faculty and staff). They are someone who you can turn to with any kind of question. They'll serve as a resource for you throughout your first semester and even beyond. We also sponsor plenty of activities throughout the year to connect you with other students.
Freshmen Orientation is a mandatory two-night, two-day program. You arrive prior to 5 PM on the first evening and you are finished usually by 2 PM on the last day. Here's what you can expect:
- Take a Skills Assessment Inventory to help identify needed coursework.
- Meet with your advisor who will help you plan your fall course schedule.
- Register for classes and leave with a printed schedule.
- Meet D'Youville students involved in clubs and organizations. Sign up for a couple!
- Get to know a friendly face on the DYC campus (student, faculty and staff). He or she will become your mentor.
- Update your housing interest form – you might even meet your future roommate!
- Have fun staying overnight with other new students in a residence hall.
Upcoming Freshman Orientation 2017
- July 5-7
- July 12-14
- July 16-18
How to register
You'll receive an invitation to attend via e-mail and print mail, starting in early May. This invitation will have all the information you'll need to know on how to register for your orientation session. Watch for your invitation, then reserve your spot right away.
Call us at 716-829-7766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require special accommodations or information on accessible entrances and pathways, let us know by calling 716-829-7766.